• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
His latent racism was obvious to me after I registered and noticed his weird fetish for 1800s cricketers. He only started ramping it up when alt-right became a thing.
Fair one, never paid any attention to that tbh but shall take your word for it.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
You either believe in a process that applies to anyone or have whackos poised to press the nuclear button because someone else likes 1800 era cricketers. It’s staggering that people can’t see how something that arbitrary can be abused. It’s true CW isn’t a court but like any club it has to have rules. Like any meeting does. So preferring, or not, a process over some kind of jerk acting like a potentate and imposing his prejudices reveals what sort of character you are. You either believe in fairness for all or noisily bang on, like some kind of moralising ****, about how others should be excluded.
JFC man.........could you possibly get all of this any more wrong?

Flem274*

123/5
oh absolutely, as a well known pro-totalitarian statist on this forum i think one of the best things taxcinda could have done after christchurch was seize on the excuse to visit the known local neo-nazi groups to do a bit of cleaning.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but Adders is specifically referring to overt cases of awful like Miyagi and Watson (wasn't around but there's a consensus here)
The problem with Watson was that his case really wasn't all that overt, or at least he was smart enough to frame it in a way that wasn't super overt, which is why they dropped the ball on him. Had he gone sooner there's a few posters I can think of that would've gone hard at mods for left bias or whatever.

The one that really should've been banned sooner was Blocky. At least Miyagi got the hammer relatively quickly. Blocky was allowed to stink up the forum for at least two years.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I remember all of this very well and the Smali "joke" prompted me to start this thread.........a thread that did go a long way towards opening my eyes to the more indirect (if that's the right word?) forms of racist comments. So yeah, it's probably fair to say that my opinions have changed somewhat since that time.
wow i can cop another fiver and be fine but smali and maximas what a pair of ****ing ****s

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Please elaborate

Is it because of what I said in this thread or the Adders one? Piss weak either way

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Were Sanz and Fraz banned? Also there was a bloke who hero worshipped Imran Khan and hated Garry Sobers and Dennis Lillee. He used to have about 20 accounts I think and used them to place votes for Imran in polls. He accused me of being the worst racist on the planet for saying (as a joke appropriate to the thread that was taking place) that England, Australia and the West Indies all had had 10 bowlers better than Imran Khan. Can't remember his name? Yes I could search for the answers...…………..but you know...……………..

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Were Sanz and Fraz banned? Also there was a bloke who hero worshipped Imran Khan and hated Garry Sobers and Dennis Lillee. He used to have about 20 accounts I think and used them to place votes for Imran in polls. He accused me of being the worst racist on the planet for saying (as a joke appropriate to the thread that was taking place) that England, Australia and the West Indies all had had 10 bowlers better than Imran Khan. Can't remember his name? Yes I could search for the answers...…………..but you know...……………..
Latter sounds a bit like BhupinderSingh, though don't quote me on that.

No the former two were not banned.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fraz went a bit renegade iirc

I think he may have been given non-perma bans a few times in the pre infraction days

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fraz was a great. Don’t think he was banned.

Sanz was a [redacted]. Don’t think he was banned. Not even when he said he was enjoying the Mumbai terror attacks.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I don't recall that from Sanz at all. If anything, that was the moment he went full on crazy and started posting some heavy anti-Pakistani stuff.