• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thanks for your consideration.

I’d like to see VoltmanHasRisen, Langeveldt and trundler considered also.
My last interaction with langeveldt was him sending me a message saying "get off my facebook you prick". I took a very dim view of this.

Trundler very much worth a shout though, particularly for his contribution towards teaching furball how to be acceptable.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
What's the longest ban that someone has reappeared after serving? I know someone has had several perma's, but I mean a ban that's actually been enforced.

Spark

Global Moderator
a bunch of posters have reappeared after a year to post, usually with no improvement leading to a perma. hookesey comes to mind.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sledger has served 6 months twice I believe, the more recent one being scaled down from two years. He’s also had a few perms revoked. (I feel like Richard writing this)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sledger has served 6 months twice I believe, the more recent one being scaled down from two years. He’s also had a few perms revoked. (I feel like Richard writing this)
Can't remember, but there have been several bans upwards of 3 months for sure. One might have been for a year. And yes two permabans rescinded I think.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't remember, but there have been several bans upwards of 3 months for sure. One might have been for a year. And yes two permabans rescinded I think.
I'm sure you had a 12 month one at some point, because you MSN Messaged me the day before it expired and asked me to bump the "Believe the hype - Sledger returns this Summer" thread.

In recent ban related news, Lawson's Jaw is one of the great user names.

morgieb

I had a perma revoked after 9 months. O/c there was at least 4 multis in that period so I'm not sure how well that counts.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm sure you had a 12 month one at some point, because you MSN Messaged me the day before it expired and asked me to bump the "Believe the hype - Sledger returns this Summer" thread.

In recent ban related news, Lawson's Jaw is one of the great user names.
That was defo a six month one. He got banned around Xmas time and came back in June. About a week into his comeback he got given a perma and a classic SD fight ensued

Burgey

Genuinely had not come across most of the recent banees until I read their names in SD.