• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’ve never forgiven them slapping me with ‘Serial Offender’ despite only having earned ten days of bans in my six prior years
tbf it's probably deliberately generic and a good thing that it's inconsistently applied. forum atmosphere is my favourite.
Exhibit A of effective moderation through liberal interpretation

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha, a reason will be made up if no obvious grounds for punishment can be identified anyway, so I don't pay much attention to all that fluff

if Jimmy or one of the peons want you banned they'll bend over backwards to find some slapdash justification

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
haha, a reason will be made up if no obvious grounds for punishment can be identified anyway, so I don't pay much attention to all that fluff

if Jimmy or one of the peons want you banned they'll bend over backwards to find some slapdash justification
Displaying a touch of paranoia there sledger

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As Lord Protector of CW I have recommended bans for the following posters:

Thierry Henry - bitter, aggressive, unpleasant and quite frankly I’m still aggrieved about him saying I lied about my height
Neil Pickup - unacceptable failure to post in the match thread
Superkingdave - see above
Richard - for saying wickets don’t make a difference in ODIs
Fusion - his lack of moderator presence has blighted the whole tournament

morgieb

Essentially his argument was that economical bowling negates the need for wickets. Which I guess makes sense in a bubble? Completely bizarre assertion if you think about it in reality though, as wickets is far by the best way of keeping the run rate down. Especially given that risks come off a lot easier now.

Burgey

Australia 3-1. Very bullish about this series. Our batting is weak but yours is worse, which is hilarious.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When people are getting banned for insults, lack of respect or trolling, or whatever else it maybe, are they generally just having a laugh or do they genuinely lose control and can't help themselves and actually mean the insults etc?