• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Context is everything I guess.

What I took from Cribb's post is that it's ok to use question marks/to ask questions if you phrase your reports in a certain way. I.e. as a means of highlighting possible rule-breaking.

E.g. "This is surely not acceptable?" or "This is surely against the rules?"

But it's not ok to use it to attempt to enter a dialogue etc.

E.g. "Why was I given an infraction?", "Can I ask whether you have considered to my previous report?", or "What have you discussed in the mod forum about Sledger?" etc.
Just to be clear, asking questions in report messages isn't against the rules. However:
* We're definitely not ever going to answer the questions if you ask them.
* If you do it repeatedly, we may ask you to stop, and ignoring moderator instructions is against the rules.

It wasn't the only thing we asked him to change about his reports either -- he had suddenly started making a lot of them, and very few of them had report reasons like "hey I think this is breaking rule X" -- but it was the one that got him banned. Probably because I really didn't want to ban him for it (I just wanted him to stop doing it) and that instruction was the least subjective (ie. once he sent reports through with question marks I couldn't really do anything other than infract them).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So sunilz's ban presumably means if you bait in an on-topic manner you'll be fine?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
If ever anyone one has been in need of a permanent trip to the abattoir, it's him. Bloke is like anthrax on the whole forum atmosphere

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Made a frankly disgusting personal insult towards a member. Dude had the social skills of a toddler.