• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know exactly what you're doing. I read your posts on what you had done last time about bullying! I don't know if it will succeed with the mods, but I am prepared for the worst because I am not the "little bitch" that you think I am. In fact, I am more worldly and smarter than you clearly remotely imagine. :)
Miyagi's a lot like Fiery isn't he?

cnerd123

likes this
Miyagi's a lot like Fiery isn't he?
A lot more passive aggressive

Say what you want about Fiery - atleast he'd call you a **** straight to your face. And in your PMs. Man wasn't as afraid of a straight up fire fight like Miyagi is.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Dude I'll say you make good threads even. I was enjoying the worst regular x threads. Just quit being so defensive while passive aggressively attacking others.
And I think your knowledge of cricket for a 16yo is damn impressive. But when it comes to principle - I struggle to back down. I don't back down - even if the wise decision (not that I'm not smart - I just love to make a point).

Like I said Trundler- my issues was never with you - I think you're a good person who will become a great man if given the right role models. I don't think ***** and Burgey are quite that for you - your talent is undeniable at 16, seriously, in english, in cricket, in logic, but what you do in the next few years and who you follow is more important for your life. Seriously. Ask anyone over 35 :P)

Take care Trundler, and good luck with the books or the medium pace ((if you don't like inductive logic persue maths based subjects at uni - seriously)) :)

Mr Miyagi

Banned
A lot more passive aggressive

Say what you want about Fiery - atleast he'd call you a **** straight to your face. And in your PMs. Man wasn't as afraid of a straight up fire fight like Miyagi is.
***** - I'm right here. Say what you want to my virtual face - I don't care. I'm not going anywhere (until the mods ban me) :)

In real life, I know you'd say even less ;)

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
harsh.ag - Today 01:09 AM - permalink Report
5 to begin with. 8 for a subsequent.
***** - Today 01:02 AM - permalink Report
I'm on 0 points. I can afford an infraction or two
How many points am I looking at here for the Miyagi abuse?
He asked a question, got the answer, then got the infraction as well.

If you could take the forum less seriously, that would be great. None of us are paid to moderate the forum and we don't owe any of the members a professional level of service. We rely mostly on them trying to get along with each other by themselves. Hope the same happens with all the concerned posters in this saga.

Bolo

State Captain
Miyagi, it doesn't really matter who was mean to who first. We all can behave like ***** sometimes. You started an entire thread as a personal attack though. After being warned. You are lucky not to be flat banned for this. Accept the infraction and move on. An infraction doesn't matter if you stay away from trouble. Don't ask the mods to ban you, because they might.

I enjoy a lot of your insights and perspectives and would prefer to keep them around, but you are getting into fights rather than debates with just about everyone. It needs to be dialled back regardless of who is at fault. Plenty of people are calling for you to be banned, and the repercussions are going to lie with you in the form of a ban irrespective of where the fault lies. Be the bigger man so you can stick around.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Miyagi, it doesn't really matter who was mean to who first. We all can behave like ***** sometimes. You started an entire thread as a personal attack though. After being warned. You are lucky not to be flat banned for this. Accept the infraction and move on. An infraction doesn't matter if you stay away from trouble. Don't ask the mods to ban you, because they might.

I enjoy a lot of your insights and perspectives and would prefer to keep them around, but you are getting into fights rather than debates with just about everyone. It needs to be dialled back regardless of who is at fault. Plenty of people are calling for you to be banned, and the repercussions are going to lie with you in the form of a ban irrespective of where the fault lies. Be the bigger man so you can stick around.
No just Burgey and ***** feel the need to start unprovoked ad homien attacks. I get into less fights than you may think after I sorted things with TJB (Starfighter fizzled out). I get into many debates, but they're mostly polite (read my 2k posts if you don't believe me) - I do get into many debates. I don't start fights as such (I understand inductive reasoning and its limites very well), but I don't back away from fights when the gloves are off especially when reason is lost - that is me (I just don't back away from ****storms - it is the principle). But the repercussions really don't lie with me when the principle is on my side, I am oft be the bigger man, but I prefer to folllow principle. It is my weakness - I concede this - I am more principled than I am strategic. I just don't ever buy into popularity contests void of reason.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Friendly reminder that there's a fundamental difference between questions about ban announcements and complaints about infractions.

If you have a question, a complaint, a rant, or a bit of whataboutery to get off your chest about an infraction, we encourage you to email moderators@cricketweb.net. If it's a genuine question we'll answer it, and if it's one of the other things we'll skim over it and then probably ignore it. Posting this sort of stuff for members of the forum to see and argue with you about never leads to good places.

I'll throw in a bit of a brief and general word on "ad hominems" for good measure. We have a rule against insulting other members that incurs a five point infraction, but if you call someone a name as a small part of a heated debate about an actual topic in the moment, you might indeed get away with it (either because the mods shows leniency for context occasionally, or much more likely because the mods just don't thoroughly read every post in real time scouring them for insults). It'd probably be best to think of this like running a red light -- if you do it a couple of times in your life you'll probably be okay, but if you make it a feature of your driving/posting whenever you're behind the wheel/keyboard, you're going to get pulled up enough to face some severe consequences. Bringing up a poster out of the blue in a thread he's not posted in just to insult him, or worse still starting a new thread just to insult someone, is more akin to driving your car into the side of a police station though -- you're not going to get away with that, and "but someone I don't like ran a red light earlier -- either sort out your **** or put me in prison" isn't a great defence.

Last edited:

Bolo

State Captain
No just Burgey and ***** feel the need to start unprovoked ad homien attacks. I get into less fights than you may think after I sorted things with TJB (Starfighter fizzled out). I get into many debates, but they're mostly polite (read my 2k posts if you don't believe me) - I do get into many debates. I don't start fights as such (I understand inductive reasoning and its limites very well), but I don't back away from fights when the gloves are off especially when reason is lost - that is me (I just don't back away from ****storms - it is the principle). But the repercussions really don't lie with me when the principle is on my side, I am oft be the bigger man, but I prefer to folllow principle. It is my weakness - I concede this - I am more principled than I am strategic. I just don't ever buy into popularity contests void of reason.
Make a choice. Either back away from the bitter fights in their current form or you will end up banned. Repercussions in the form of a ban will sit with you even if principle is on your side.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Make a choice. Either back away from the bitter fights in their current form or you will end up banned. Repercussions in the form of a ban will sit with you even if principle is on your side.
I made my choice already - and I stand by it. If this forum is *****&Burgey and Friends with insults - I'd rather not be a part of it. It is the principle.

It is 5 points for repeatedly and unnecessarily insulting someone as third man in.

8 points for asking whether "the third man in" insulter will leave home before a 16 year old in the popular vote.

A good question to be fair.

I don't back away when the insult is "little bitch". How can I? If I back away, I am a little bitch. But I am not a "little bitch".

Last edited by a moderator:

Bolo

State Captain
Okay, I'd rather you played by the rules (even if you disagree with them) so you can stick around, but the choice is yours.