• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
So just read every page of this thread and caught up on this scandalous affair.

My 2 cents. Obviously I have not seen the offending post but it doesn't sound good.........sounds to me like sledger just pushed his shtick too far because I do not believe for a minute that the guy has a racist bone in his body. That said though it is very eye opening reading some of the comments from our sub cont friends here, clearly this sort of stuff does cut deep and is and is causing some discomfort and angst. If that's the case it is something that needs to be addressed and dealt with. This should be a safe place for all.

Initially I was with GIMH on the 3 months being overly harsh, considering the apology and the fact that well, we know sledger is just not that way disposed at all. But I also think that after the Watson debacle (where the mods all accept it was not dealt with adequately and swiftly enough) they have to take a firm stand with any form of disparaging comments based on race, even if they are made just as a wind up or troll with no real malice.

I think the pages in here have for the most part been very healthy discussion. It has certainly made me stop and realise that one mans laugh and amusement can be taken very differently by someone else.

Gob

International Coach
we haven't had a real good banworthy poster in a while tbh. someone to bring the whole forum joy when they get their perma - i think the last was senile sentry in march or so tbqh
Wait senile got a perma..how come I not know any of this