• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Imo any posts of that nature should be a mandatory 3 monther to start with. Letting that stuff slide has destroyed forum atmosphere in CC for years.
Fair enough if you think that, but it’s not been the case up to now, and acknowledging his own mistake should count for something.

This is a very 2010 CW sort of ban. Place runs on a lot more common sense these days, usually anyway. I only hope Fusion got no say in the matter given he’s only posted four times in two years

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I’m spending today going through the archives to find and report every post ever that’s disparaged my homeland btw. You might want to call some extra mod help in. Maybe it’s a good thing Fusion showed up after all

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I’m spending today going through the archives to find and report every post ever that’s disparaged my homeland btw. You might want to call some extra mod help in. Maybe it’s a good thing Fusion showed up after all
This is 'waaah' territory, right here

Shri

Mr. Glass
wow is it raining there atm

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Also I didn’t defend him, because I even said a ban was reasonable. Just think three months is ludicrous.
Not sure how you’d know what was customary, it’s been more than half a decade since I argued in Site Discussion about a Sledger ban. Probably closer to 8 years.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i'm guessing that sledger may have used slurs against pakistan and that's not okay

but any such slurs against britain would be unequivocally true so should be allowed imho

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What makes a place uncivilised and savage?
Again mate, not getting into it or defending the post. But he categorically was referring to the place. Then realised he’d stepped over the line and cut it down.

all I’m saying here is 3 months is a folly

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Calm down everyone, stop behaving like uncivilized savages
I know this is just a referential joke but I'd like to make it clear that he didn't call any people savages. Now that the post is gone it's important that people don't think it says something it didn't. He did use the word savage but not in the context of savages - he called the location savage because (certainly according to him) it was associated with high risk of danger or death.

I think his intent was clearly to dangle out some rancid bait, and he phrased it in an unfortunate manner. Once he realised how it was interpreted he retracted it. The mod team takes that sort of thing pretty seriously so he copped a lengthy ban despite that, but I don't think it'd be fair to allow this narrative of "sledger is a racist" to stand. It'd be particularly unfair if someone from his personal or professional life found this thread and didn't understand the context in which people were saying these things or what the post said.