• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

cnerd123

likes this
Chatting in hindi is meh. What it's actually good for are the swear words. No other language comes close.
Cantonese is pretty fun IMO. It's a tonal language, and there a bunch of popular words that, when spoken in a certain tone, become swear words. Its lots of fun.

A foreign-born cantonese rapper wrote a song that, on the surface, is a sernade to a girl he is trying to win over, but he deliberately hits all the wrong tones so that it sounds extremely offensive. And the hook is 'I learned cantonese for you'. It's fantastic.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cantonese is pretty fun IMO. It's a tonal language, and there a bunch of popular words that, when spoken in a certain tone, become swear words. Its lots of fun.

A foreign-born cantonese rapper wrote a song that, on the surface, is a sernade to a girl he is trying to win over, but he deliberately hits all the wrong tones so that it sounds extremely offensive. And the hook is 'I learned cantonese for you'. It's fantastic.
Link pls

cnerd123

likes this

The English subtitles have the meanings of the words he wants to say, doesn't capture the swearing and offensive stuff. You need to know what i listen for. I can only pick up a few of them now, will probably hunt for some English breakdown of the song later

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Presume it was the assertion that someone of Afghan descent born in Manchester is not British

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Presume it was the assertion that someone of Afghan descent born in Manchester is not British
Oh I know. It's not as though it's the first time he's posted **** like that though and never got banned, so I just wanted to understand what changed this time.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, it was this post in question that copped it. On general grounds it's plainly unacceptable; but given the forum's membership it frankly lives in a completely different timezone to okay.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, it was this post in question that copped it. On general grounds it's plainly unacceptable; but given the forum's membership it frankly lives in a completely different timezone to okay. Watson is entitled to his views and entitled to express them, but he has been here long enough to know who posts here and frankly should know better.

And if he doesn't care about that, then (just a personal IMO) he should find somewhere else to post.

Last edited:

morgieb

Yeah, it was this post in question that copped it. On general grounds it's plainly unacceptable; but given the forum's membership it frankly lives in a completely different timezone to okay. Watson is entitled to his views and entitled to express them, but he has been here long enough to know who posts here and frankly should know better.

And if he doesn't care about that, then (just a personal IMO) he should find somewhere else to post.
I hope this happens anyway.

Spikey

I now desperately want to go to New York and start asking people if they have a fag they could spare