• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Genuinely befuddled me as to why Scarlett persisted with her line of posting and across multiple accounts, Am not sure what the end game was there, but think things would have ended differently had Sledger taken one for the team.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm getting that Sledgers love life comes accross as a bit of a train wreck (based on what he tells us) but if he had gone there with Scarlett that would have been a holocaust.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Genuinely befuddled me as to why Scarlett persisted with her line of posting and across multiple accounts, Am not sure what the end game was there, but think things would have ended differently had Sledger taken one for the team.
one is never enough

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was asked to do two things, basically: lay off the not-so-subtle ***ual references and pare back the Betway spam in every post, both of which could potentially cause problems wrt Google ads (the Betway stuff has already had a noticeable effect). He did neither, although it was really the former that got him the ban.
I'm taking this to the High Court

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
which mod only just noticed my location?

also there are no inappropriate words in my location.
Inappropriate words and inappropriate language aren't quite the same thing though.

This sort of thing is never just us being fun police ftr. There are large costs involved in hosting a site this size, and we need sponsors and ads to eat that cost, otherwise James has to eat it himself. I'm personally fine with your location and I suspect the other mods have similar feelings, but if it's risking the financial model by which the forum actually survives then it's definitely got to go.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Inappropriate words and inappropriate language aren't quite the same thing though.

This sort of thing is never just us being fun police ftr. There are large costs involved in hosting a site this size, and we need sponsors and ads to eat that cost, otherwise James has to eat it himself. I'm personally fine with your location and I suspect the other mods have similar feelings, but if it's risking the financial model by which the forum actually survives then it's definitely got to go.
i figured as much if it was a regular, but thought i'd check to see if a less active mod had noticed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i figured as much if it was a regular, but thought i'd check to see if a less active mod had noticed.
It wasn't actually me haha, but yeah it wasn't just a random pearl clutcher logging in, it was a regular. I'd noticed it a little while ago and let it slide, but more due to laziness than actual firm belief in your right to do that.

To clarify, I'm not actually calling any of my fellow mods random pearl clutchers :ph34r:

Last edited: