• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Interview Requests

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hi James

Need more CW interviews where we all post questions to some domestic warhorse,

Here is who I wouldn't mind reading an interview from

Brent Arnel
Bruce Edgar
Jimmy Neesham
Neil Broom
Michael Bates
Jeetan Patel

How did you used to arrange these interviews?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In my experience, it's relatively easy to organise interviews with domestic players. In fact, incredibly easy. Most of them won't get many opportunities and so are happy to speak to websites. A few exceptions though, I'm sure.

gvenkat

State Captain
Local Players are relatively easy. International players are fairly difficult. In my experience, It is easy to arrange an interview if you are located locally or if they are on tour and you get hold of them. Active players don't do interviews directly, You have to go through media managers. For instance Neesham might be a hard pull. Edgar, Patel might be easy.

I always look out for opportunities through twitter and my contacts.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Hi James

Need more CW interviews where we all post questions to some domestic warhorse,

Here is who I wouldn't mind reading an interview from

Brent Arnel
Bruce Edgar
Jimmy Neesham
Neil Broom
Michael Bates
Jeetan Patel

How did you used to arrange these interviews?
Neesham: Jimmy Neesham, ?not a cliché-maker? | Mind The Windows!
Edgar (Preview): Bruce Edgar: Wellington coach | Mind The Windows!

There's an old Arnel one lying around somewhere that'll probably get an edit and re-post, and I'd have done one with Tim Seifert if the bloke would respond to his Facebook messages. Jeets, Broom and Bates all on the MTW agenda too, ftr. Nevin + Izzy Westbury currently sitting on my 'to-write' pile.

[/shameless promotion]

Heef's right; domestic players are generally quite easy to get a hold of (especially retired domestic players). Send 'em an email and most are willing to have a chat.

gvenkat

State Captain
Neesham: Jimmy Neesham, ?not a cliché-maker? | Mind The Windows!
Edgar (Preview): Bruce Edgar: Wellington coach | Mind The Windows!

There's an old Arnel one lying around somewhere that'll probably get an edit and re-post, and I'd have done one with Tim Seifert if the bloke would respond to his Facebook messages. Jeets, Broom and Bates all on the MTW agenda too, ftr. Nevin + Izzy Westbury currently sitting on my 'to-write' pile.

[/shameless promotion]

Heef's right; domestic players are generally quite easy to get a hold of (especially retired domestic players). Send 'em an email and most are willing to have a chat.
Good stuff mate. Presume you are Devon? Will reach out to you once I come back to the US. In India currently.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, I go by the forum username Dan but am actually named Devon. Makes complete sense given that there's also a Dan on that site.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd be interested in an interview with Dan himself following this revelation.

In particular, I'd like to hear about the time his half-brother developed a fetish for smashing women through tables. An extremely traumatic time for him, I suspect.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT

In particular, I'd like to hear about the time his half-brother developed a fetish for smashing women through tables. An extremely traumatic time for him, I suspect.
This is a particularly fantastic post.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

It most certainly was! And over time I began to realise that error in my half-brother's ways and I left his side, beginning a new life as a preacher. OH TESTIFY!

Then my deacon attempted to destroy me, and I came to the conclusion that smashing people through tables was a far more fun trajectory to follow after all. And it was great. Except for in Florida. That company there sucks.