• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hashtags

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
A veritable riot (well some murmurings of excitement) has started at cricsim over the introduction of hashtags. Definitely are needed on CW. Each hash tagged word gets its own html page with all future posts using that hash tag on that page.

James

Cricket Web Owner
A veritable riot (well some murmurings of excitement) has started at cricsim over the introduction of hashtags. Definitely are needed on CW. Each hash tagged word gets its own html page with all future posts using that hash tag on that page.
Didn't realise that was possible actually, assume it's a mod and not an out of the box feature.

#Prince EWS will have to fill me in.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you ****s convert CW into Twitter, I'm going to bring darkness to the whole forum.

#FSociety

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Not a bad idea but hope all posts in a thread dont contain hastags. It will read like an overused twitter feed.
About one in 50 posts on cricsim so far has a hash tag. Not used too often. I imagine people will figure out how best to use them over time. They are inchoate if I am using that word correctly.
(Apologies if I butchered it).

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
About one in 50 posts on cricsim so far has a hash tag. Not used too often. I imagine people will figure out how best to use them over time. They are inchoate if I am using that word correctly.
(Apologies if I butchered it).
Absolutely fine if used properly. Will be helpful for searching.