• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Notifications/Visitor Message for Warnings/Infractions

cnerd123

likes this
The last time I got banned, it was for accumulating Infraction points. What bothered me was that I didn't even know I was infracted.

I recently got an infraction and a warning, and only found out through luck - once by rummaging through my CW registered email ID that I only use for spam, and the second right now by noticing two yellow cards under a post that just received a like.

I have no issues with being warned/infracted, I'd just like to be better notified so that I know when I should reign it in and behave. I'd hate to try to log into CW one day and realise I've been banned again without even realising I was getting close to that point.

Some sort of notification system like we have for Likes, or maybe a VM left by the mod who infracted us, would be a nice touch IMO. Would save me the effort of having to check my User CP or spam email ID everytime I post something remotely risky.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'm pretty sure we've discussed this quite a few times as a mod team and agreed it would be a brilliant idea; problem is, if I am recalling correctly, that vBulletin simply doesn't have that functionality and adding any outside coding that might be able to force it in there would make James' life hell whenever he has to do an update.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
The last time I got banned, it was for accumulating Infraction points. What bothered me was that I didn't even know I was infracted.

I recently got an infraction and a warning, and only found out through luck - once by rummaging through my CW registered email ID that I only use for spam, and the second right now by noticing two yellow cards under a post that just received a like.

I have no issues with being warned/infracted, I'd just like to be better notified so that I know when I should reign it in and behave. I'd hate to try to log into CW one day and realise I've been banned again without even realising I was getting close to that point.

Some sort of notification system like we have for Likes, or maybe a VM left by the mod who infracted us, would be a nice touch IMO. Would save me the effort of having to check my User CP or spam email ID everytime I post something remotely risky.
Are you implying someone liked a post of yours? Cute.

cnerd123

likes this
People like my posts all the time stfu

Also couldn't we just have the mod leave us a VM if we get infracted then? Slightly more effort but won't involve coding, and would essentially have the same effect?

Shri

Mr. Glass
People like my posts all the time stfu

Also couldn't we just have the mod leave us a VM if we get infracted then? Slightly more effort but won't involve coding, and would essentially have the same effect?
In before you get banned with a VM which you can't see because you are banned.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member

I made a similar point a while ago. I manage to miss out on my only ban due to having no idea about any infractions being accumulated. By the time I returned from an illicit liaison with Marjorie in Florida the ban had come and gone and I only found out by accident that it even happened.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'll bring it up in the moderator forum again, but we did discuss it early last year when we introduced this rule:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cri...6154-cricket-web-forum-rules.html#post3422520

Forum Rules said:
Members are encouraged to not disable the "Receive Email from Administrators" function within their Forum Profile. The primary use of this function is for notification to occur if you receive a warning or infraction for breaking forum rules. If you decide to disable this function, the moderation team takes no responsibility for notifying members manually".
Why not use your "real" email address in your profile? We don't spam and very rarely do we ever send emails out.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds good. Btw, how many infraction points at the minimum does one need to accumulate to be eligible for a ban?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You need to assume the guise of Aussie, and then tell us your thoughts on homosexuals. And then send James a turd in the post.