• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

But you knew what I meant

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
This is addressed to everyone on the site. But particularly the newer members who are more guilty of this.

I don't mind grammar errors or typos as I make a ton of them myself, however please don't make a post saying the opposite of what you mean.

I have read about ten posts in the past 6 months where someone has said something like:

"It is not the case that I' think Bradman is not as good as Tendulkar". When from the rest of their post they are stating that Bradman is not as good at Tendulkar and they only typed this last line as they used a double negative incorrectly.

There have even been cleaner examples than double negatives used incorrectly. For example "I do not think Player X is the man for the job". When they meant to say that "Player X is the man for the job".

So yeah this is just a rant really. Make whatever mistakes you want in your post but get your main message on the money even if it means, heaven forbid, proof reading your post.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the Letter E and number 7.

No flames please.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I don't not like what you're not saying Hurricaine.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
woah calm down, you know what he meant....
He's a repeat offender.

This reminds me of the NHL where Claude Lemieux would instigate by taking cheap shots at the better players until they would take a wild swipe at him and get penalised.