• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Commentary

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I don't like to brag, but I am a paid broadcaster. I got two bottles of gin for my weekly contribution of talking **** about sports for a provincial radio station last year. #highroller

Would also be happy to chip in and help with the set-up. Thing to consider is that commentary/interviews flow much better when you have visual contact with the other members of the conversation. Skype would be good for that.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thing to consider is that commentary/interviews flow much better when you have visual contact with the other members of the conversation. Skype would be good for that.
Absolutely agreed. Did the occasional stint on a sports show when I ran a student radio station, much easier to get a conversation flowing and, just as importantly, avoiding people talking over each other if you're all in the same room. There's quite a skill in having a chat with the news anchor when they're in the other studio and you can't see them.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
The important thing is to single out the CWer who most identifies with Danny Morrison and keep him away from that skype conversation at all costs.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Fantastic idea. Would be easiest just to set up a twitch stream with two or three hosts on a skype call and then sticky a thread with the links each time they do a game.

jan

State Vice-Captain
I had enough of Bhogle and Warne today. Do it please! I would like to contribute but my expertise doesnt qualify me for this task Im afraid.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Thinking maybe Heef and I could have a bit of a practice run once we figure out technology. The listeners will loving the crap out of our niggling aggro act in no time.

HeathDavisSpeed

Thinking maybe Heef and I could have a bit of a practice run once we figure out technology. The listeners will loving the crap out of our niggling aggro act in no time.
Haha. You wouldn't be able to resist less-than-subtle digs about my captaincy.

"So, Heath - I don't recall you ever setting this field. What are the virtues of the back stop in cricket?"

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One problem you could have is the pictures around the world, I know for a fact that in the UK that the pictures from Sky and Virgin Media boxes aren't in sync so if you have people watching in different countries the chances are they will be out too. Could cause problems when important moments happen like wickets or centuries etc...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If you get proof-of-concept working in the quarters, might it be possible for others to do the semis?

HeathDavisSpeed

I'll check if I'm playing cricket on the 21st asap. If I am playing cricket, perhaps we could find a third dayboo commentator who can cover for me during cricket, which should only last 3 hours max.

HeathDavisSpeed

Maybe the Saturday, March 21 if you aren't playing cricket? We just have to work out how to broadcast the audio from the Skype session.
Cricket that weekend is on the Sunday, so I'd be available on the Saturday. Someone technologically minded needs to work out how to setup the thing though - completely out of my realm of expertise. Still thinking we might need a third person in the box but it would be good to just see if we can get something working at this stage.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
The streaming aspect will be the biggest ask. Will have a look back through this thread for IT advice and see what I cantinker round with. Maybe we could just do one innings If we can't find another person.