• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ignored posts are too intrusive

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
So due to the lovely display of gentlemanly cricketing discussion that was is the Pak vs NZ in UAE thread I decided it was time to brush the dust of the Ignore list function, which I've used a grand total of once before. Instead of the blissful calm I was hoping for, I get lists and lists of enormous "THIS MESSAGE IS FROM A USER YOU HAVE IGNORED BLAH BLAH" notices which hog up more room than most regular posts.

Can the ignore list actually, like, ignore people? I know you can't get rid of people quoting their posts and that's okay but if I ignore someone I want their posts ****ing gone altogether.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You get used to it eventually, although it's annoying as **** when someone on your list is in a thread being quoted.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Actually yes, reading through the New Zealand threads now and the ignored thing is pretty annoying. I swear it didn't used to be that intrusive before the forum got the vbulletin upgrade.