• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Blatant Trolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howsie

International Captain
The thing is South Africa showed how to bowl in these tracks when they drew the series there recently!!..Steyn especially caused problems. And also even though the Aussies were torn apart Johnson still got something out of those tracks...the bottom line is if you're really a world class pacer you should find a way to get wickets here...how can Anderson be allowed to outbowl Southee and Boult? :shock: crazy...fact is NZ's attack just hasn't been good enough in this innings...we'll see if they can bounce back in the innings to come.
It's true though...how can the much vaunted "swing duo" let Ali punk them like that? :ph34r:
Like i said...Pakistan will only be seriously challenged by India, SL and WI in their own backyard purely because of the spin talent these sides have...without decent spinners you really haven't got much chance here...good spinners can turn their 500 first innings totals into a 320 or there abouts and then it becomes a totally different ball game.

Apart from Craig's debut in the caribbean it's been been quite evident that if you see off Southee and Boult you're likely to have your way with NZ and that's proven to be the case thus far for Pakistan.
Having thought about it It's ok Flem..i understand your team isn't doing well right now and you're emotional...it happens to us all.
Especially when said team has the "number two" pacer in their side!!...... :D
He still took wickets though... :huh:
We'd do better than your current competition imo as we have the spinners to trouble Pakistan..also our pacers know how to bowl in those conditions too.
Roach, Taylor and Gabriel have bowled on some roads in their time you know!!...regardless, doubt they'd go wicketless even on these tracks :D .
Narine and Bishoo weren't there!!
How much does Sunny average against NZ? and how much does Ish and Craig average now? :ph34r:
We'll see what transpires in the next two tests but perhaps NZ's "rise" was a bit premature? lets look at it...

1. At home they beat a WI side with half it's best players missing

2. At home they beat an India side who don't travel well

3. away they beat a WI side intent on killing themselves

That's hardly proving much is it? there was no variaty in this recent good spell....two wins against a lower ranked side and one win against a side who can't perform outside their roads...

It wasn't long ago England and SA beat NZ just as bad if not worser than what Pak are doing now...so maybe NZ's true standing is a little inbetween the two? can pull off the odd decent performance but more often than not come up short against the very top teams.

No doubt..there's a lot to work with there but finding a partner for Latham seems an issue, mccullum seems to be on the decline and Neesham/Anderson shouldn't be in anyones top six imo.

Watling, Southee and Boult are decent when they are on form but like we've discussed before the spin department is a major concern aswell...bottom line is until these areas of concern are addressed it's always gonna be one step forward and two back methinks.
What? those are my views!...like it or lump it it matters not 8-) .
as long as you don't start abusing people whilst getting emotional that's fine Flem!!..

But as i said don't get too down about this mate Pakistan are a good side.
And when have you ever NOT replied to one of my posts? 8-)

Tbh the debate is done...this is a thread about Pakistan and NZ so lets get back on track please.
Is this not it? This is pretty much all from a six hour period in the New Zealand - Pakistan tour thread. I've made my thoughts on WW clear in the past, but this is ridiculous. Not only that, I believe he gets away with this sort of crap because CW has one or two West Indies fans. You don't want to lose him. It's a joke and things are only going to get worse.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
read the whole thing, the whole nationalistic bull**** thing gets thrown both ways and I have no sympathy for anyone that gets involved, a good deal of those posts are fair views anyway

Howsie

International Captain
read the whole thing, the whole nationalistic bull**** thing gets thrown both ways and I have no sympathy for anyone that gets involved, a good deal of those posts are fair views anyway
I'm sure one or two of them are, the majority are not.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Thanks Max!!..i asked people to address anything i said above that wasn't a fact and no-one came forward...just personal attacks were their answer 8-) .

As usual it's easy to pick on one party and ignore everything else that transpired and the context of which i made my views.

Lastly Howsie you are telling fibs as those posts were over two or three days and not "six hours"!!..i know you want me gone but there's no need to lie as the evidence is all there on the thread.

To the mods if my posts above weren't in keeping with the forum rules then i apologise.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I certainly don't think WW was deliberately trolling. It just was a relatively poor time to inject discussion regarding West Indian cricket.

****blockable, but not infract worthy.

#****block2015

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I certainly don't think WW was deliberately trolling. It just was a relatively poor time to inject discussion regarding West Indian cricket.

****blockable, but not infract worthy.

#****block2015

Thanks mate..Flem personally abused me and another poster but low and behold no thread started here by Howsie!!.. who himself also had a massive pop at Blocky aswell if i'm not mistaken..but no, "i'm the bad guy" 8-) .

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If you want to discuss specific infractions and/or moderator decisions, email us at moderators@cricketweb.net. Pleading the case for someone to be infracted (or not infracted) never go well on the open forum (especially when we have so many ****ing lawyers around here).

As I said in the tour thread, if you want to critique moderation processes and procedures and start a discussion on that, feel free to do so. But we don't discuss individual decisions in threads like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.