• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Change Search Box

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Whenever I use search - I have to click on advanced search, then type in my keywords and then search by posts (rather than threads).

The main "non advanced" search box should have some actual utility rather than just sitting there unused. Let its default search pattern be to return posts where the keyword/search phrase is found.

Make it so.

James

Cricket Web Owner
It does work that search box though. I just used it to search for this thread and it appeared in the search results.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Although the search you did returned this thread - that is only because you searched for the exact name of the thread word for word. If you only knew the thread had "change" and "box" in it then you would need to use the advanced search function and search for "appears in thread title". Most of the time people don't know the whole title of the thread.

I personally either search for "appears in the thread title" and return threads in the search results. Or keywords that appear in specific posts and return posts in the search results.
Both of those searches require the advanced search box.

uvelocity

International Coach
search is poo just use google

although wondering if anyone has a speedy method to get to the correct page, when i use google it takes me to the last page of the thread

Howe_zat

Audio File
search is poo just use google

although wondering if anyone has a speedy method to get to the correct page, when i use google it takes me to the last page of the thread
It does that because google uses the default of 15 posts per page and you (presumably) use 40ppp. So when google tries to take you to post 400 it thinks to go to page 28 when for you there aren't that many pages, so you just get to the last one.

To fix it either change your preferences to 15 ppp, or when you want to find something in google take the page that google thinks it is and multiply by (15/40).