• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can I disable the auto-censor?

Stapel

International Regular
Well, can I?

I know & understand this site has a famly friendly auto sensor. But personally, I really don't care, and would prefer to see whatever words my fellow posters choose to use.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is something I'd absolutely support, but vBulletin doesn't support this feature. Filtered words will appear censored to all or censored to none. I too would disable the filter for my own personal use if I could, but alas it's not possible, unless there's some sort of optional add-on to the software I'm not aware of.

While I'm anti-censorship as a general rule, I do think the words we've censored make the forum more inclusive than exclusive. I don't think we're losing many (if any) potential members merely because they can't openly swear here, and if we removed the filter then it could cause issues for people who want to browse at work, teenagers with strict parents, etc.

ajdude

International Coach
i feel like some of the posts on this forum would be less funny without censoring

of course humour is subjective though. ****ers

Stapel

International Regular
This is something I'd absolutely support, but vBulletin doesn't support this feature. Filtered words will appear censored to all or censored to none. I too would disable the filter for my own personal use if I could, but alas it's not possible, unless there's some sort of optional add-on to the software I'm not aware of.

While I'm anti-censorship as a general rule, I do think the words we've censored make the forum more inclusive than exclusive. I don't think we're losing many (if any) potential members merely because they can't openly swear here, and if we removed the filter then it could cause issues for people who want to browse at work, teenagers with strict parents, etc.
So, vBulletin are **** & **** & ****!