• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

uvelocity

International Coach
I thought there was a thread on this but I couldn't find it

I reckon the likes system has caused a drop in posts. not just the smiley posts, but someone would often quote a good post which would generate further posts, which has now turned into someone pressing like and no further discussion in some instances.

it is convenient way to voice your approval though.

nobody to like this post

James

Cricket Web Owner
If enough people dislike the system and the overall opinion is get rid, we'll definitely consider switching it off.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
see if you'd simply liked my like, i'd not have replied thus
I knew you were going to throw that at me :ph34r: I also would have laughed if you had've liked that response. So a well placed like creates mirth and user interaction as well. I have had my likes commented on.

Look seriously replying to you - I think that all discussion in this sub forum serves a purpose and perhaps a compromise that will keep proponents of the like system happy and also old school AWTAers happy - is that perhaps people can just remember to mix it up from time to time. Occassionally throw in a "good post' - or a "This."
In summary - I reckon there is some merit to what you say. But per my Micro Economics course - I get a large amount of utils out of the like system. I enjoy and feel pleased when someone likes my post. I also like how elegant the programming of the like system is - it doesn't reload your page after you click on it. One post I made got 17 likes. At best it would have gotten 3 or 4 "good posts" under the old system - that allowed me to have a positive interaction with 17 peeps.

I imagine your objective of this thread was to voice a concern with possible over use of likes rather than advocating their withdrawal - so if that was your goal then that has now been shared with the group and I for one have taken it on board.

tl;dr version GAGFC :ph34r:

uvelocity

International Coach
tl;dr version GAGFC :ph34r:
I'm sure if I'd started a thread with the intention if iliciting such a response from you I'd have no idea how to do it. So I think on reflection, considering this result - this thread has been beyond a success

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should be various grades of like and dislike, in which case there would only ever need to be one actual post per thread - the days of all that scrolling up and down would be over