• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
There doesn't appear to be a thread/place to discuss moderator warnings here, so I hope it is OK to post here with this question........

Most Humorous - Wiff, Burgey

Throwing in the towel - The Cooks (Captain and Monster, always mix them up so could be being unfair to one of them)

Biggest cheater in Avatar bets - Uvo

Most one eyed and annoying - definitely Hooksey

Most infatuated with a single player - Benchy/Haddin
I received 5 infraction points for this post in the thread "Poster Ratings as we go" with the reason.......

"Reason: Lack of respect for, insulting, or harassment of other members
-------
A clear troll and attempting to flame a situation with Hooksey. Don't do it please".

So it genuinely wasn't a troll on my part, it was my rating of Hookseys postings as per the thread title/purpose. That said I can certainly see how it was construed as such and although I think the penalty was harsh I'm not here to complain about it.......just have to think harder about what I post in future.

But what I don't get is why allow a thread like this in the first place if negative ratings towards posters aren't tolerated? The purpose of the thread (and I see they have been done before) is to rate posters.........but are we to assume only positive ratings are welcome?

Also, are there any FAQ's or something similar here that explain how this infraction business works? I see I have these points for a period of 6 months, presumably if a poster accumulates enough points they receive a ban? Are these policies documented anywhere?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As with most of these wretched "play the post and not the poster" exhortations context is everything - how that particular comment about Hookesy in that context is trolling is beyond me

All things even themselves up though, as the avatar is clearly infractable - I certainly feel harassed, insulted and disrespected by it

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't see how you can think calling someone annoying is not infraction worthy given precedence.

fredfertang

Sadly the doctrine of precedent has no place here, nor indeed does the concept of words bearing their ordinary natural meaning

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would say if you take into consideration the context of the words, i.e. Person saying it/who it's about and their relationship, it becomes even more infraction worthy.

fredfertang

rest assured **** retains its natural implication gee that tangy **** is a ****!
Can't agree - it seems to me that calling Jono a **** is not the same as calling Benchy a ****, and both are difficult to reconcile with the fact that, as you so eloquently put it, I am without doubt a ****

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Would say if you take into consideration the context of the words, i.e. Person saying it/who it's about and their relationship, it becomes even more infraction worthy.
Look I'm really not complaining about the infraction per se, I'm mildly irritated by it.....but I can certainly see why it was issued. I just think the thread it was posted in is inviting the sort of post I made otherwise what is the point of it??

Dunno about the relationship business.......you and I have had our minor battles, IMO a thread that has the title "Poster ratings" would be the right place for you to say you think I post gash.......better than in a tour thread no?

The other point to this thread was to find out how this infraction process works......how many gets you a ban and for how long etc. I am not asking this so I can sail close to the wind by any means, I'm just curious as to how it all works and I can't see any info on it.

uvelocity

International Coach
Can't agree - it seems to me that calling Jono a **** is not the same as calling Benchy a ****, and both are difficult to reconcile with the fact that, as you so eloquently put it, I am without doubt a ****
the disparity in **** between jono and bench**** is in the degree alone

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Perhaps I should have just called Hooksey a ****???

Edit:

And since I'm asking about the inner workings of CW...........why does Jono cop so much **** here?? I'm sure it is all tongue in cheek, friendly banter but he seems to get an awful lot of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.