• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can someone please remove my warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
got a warning for something similar once

Me: It was a joke, I'm actually on good terms with the both of them and I can't decide who to vote for. They both also can definitely tell I'm joking so I don't see an issue tbh.

Mod: If you want to have a private conversation, then do it over MSN. Everyone else can see what you're posting.

wot.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That explanation would be fine if it was consistently enforced, but its not. I'm generally not one to make trouble and bitch about CW, reckon the place is administered well by the staff and mod etc. But this one is an odd one.

I mean Flem has called everyone a bitch in the subject of his custom title thread. How is this any different at all?

Burgey

That explanation would be fine if it was consistently enforced, but its not. I'm generally not one to make trouble and bitch about CW, reckon the place is administered well by the staff and mod etc. But this one is an odd one.

I mean Flem has called everyone a bitch in the subject of his custom title thread. How is this any different at all?
I won't be running this horrific defence on your behalf. "But your Honour, everyone else on the freeway was speeding too". FMD, Melbourne Uni Law School eh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hey I'm the client and you will do what I tell you to do.

And that will be the Chewbacca defence.

Burgey

Be happy to run that.

Speaking of dud jurisdictions, anyone done much in the AAT? What a horrible place.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I reported the post because I felt a) you were serious b) you are a repeat offender for swearing at other posters probably in jest most of the time but it sometimes it appears you mean it and that is against the site rules. For the record I fail to see why you need to swear at anybody in any circumstances when there are more creative comebacks available.
If people got actual infractions for the use of Buffoon and making a joke about being in 3rd gear then I think a warning for you is warranted.

I realise I have set myself up here for everyone to quote my post and swear at me as a joke however I felt it was important to come forward and own up to reporting you.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You could have just had a word to me to be honest and said "not sure if you are serious here but you swear a lot and its unclear when you are joking" like most people would have, rather than firstly going into some thread in Off Topic commenting on my "posting style" in some passive aggressive manner and then reporting a post, whilst quite obviously choosing not to report other posters who do the same thing. A simple PM would have sufficed.

Now I can't sleep as I'm quite upset at the warning, had a rough night last night and this will make it worse*

That last sentence was in jest in case you were wondering.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
One member getting a warning that carries a dangerously harsh zero infraction points isn't really worthy of public debate. In fact we have an unofficial policy to not even discuss individual points-baring infractions in SD unless they have wider relevance, so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

I'm not even sure if warnings can be removed (as opposed to infractions) but if you're worried about carrying around those zero points Jono then you're free to email the mod team.

Status
Not open for further replies.