• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question

NikhilN

International Regular
I have been wanted to ask james this question for a long time...

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in the world would you go buy a vBulletin that costs tons and tons of money when you could have just gotten a phpbb or invision forum that are as good as vBulletin for free?

Rich2001

International Captain
sachintendulkar said:
I have been wanted to ask james this question for a long time...

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in the world would you go buy a vBulletin that costs tons and tons of money when you could have just gotten a phpbb or invision forum that are as good as vBulletin for free?
* At the end of the day VB created half of the things in the forum, that others have copied in theres. Now although VB don't completely agree there isn't alot they can do... I read in one of the posts on their forum how they downloaded a copy of another forum as it looked very very simalar, and found half the VB Code was still intact :rolleyes:

* VB In our opinions are at the front of the line with new gadets and features on the forums and you certianly get what you pay for.

* The support is Unrivaled No other forum others what VB do, firstly they have a forum where there are always 250-500 online that know what they are talking about, if they don't you get replies in hours not days.

On top of that they offer a massive area for members only for additional support not to mention phone/e-mail etc etc your getting my point I guess by now ;)

* VB is by far and away the most well protected and secure forum there is, you stand more chance of robbing a bank :P and we value our members to protect them as much as we can. (I hold no responsiblity for any dumb idot that tries to rob a bank now! and I hold even less responsiblity to what I would do to you if you come near this place)

* The way VB have coded the forum, makes it lighting quick - No matter how many users/post/images used etc - And afterall you don't want to be kept waitting now to see such fantastic posts like this one ;)

* Regular patches, updates, new version are always coming out to improve the forums.

* 100% customizeable, we have just changed the colours here, but there is a forum deicated to add on's and there is millions and iam not making that figure up there is really millions and growing every day. We could add anything you could possibly guess at to this place.

* Also it shows we are professional and are here to stay, if we are willing to throw vast amounts of money at the site when there are free versions about doesn't it say something about our commitment.

* Back-End Admin area is the best in the business - Easy to use and offers alot of buttons for James to play with ;)

* Unlimited Forums / Messages / Categories - Most free boards wont offer things like this, we could have millions of forum topics, sub forums things like that, you could be here all day scrolling if we felt like it ;)

Ok well I have to go eat now, I might add some more later...but your getting the idea I guess :D

And iam sure James can add a hell of alot more, as he actually uses the forum as a whole daily, I just enjoy posting in it :D

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Re: Re: Question

Rich2001 said:
makes it lighting quick
Can you tell me if this is a southern version of lightning quick? If so, is it quicker than lightning quick? :P;)

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: Re: Re: Question

PY said:
Can you tell me if this is a southern version of lightning quick? If so, is it quicker than lightning quick? :P;)
It's whatever I call it mate :P ;)