• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First unread post issue

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I know it's been mentioned in a few other threads but it needs specific attention IMO. The Lords thread has been a nightmare to follow without said feature. Any fix forthcoming?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah but it happened to me all day in work on IE as well

Not that I wasn't working hard :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I use Firefox on the home pc so will check that out later

I have chrome on my phone too maybe I should try that

James

Cricket Web Owner
I know it's been mentioned in a few other threads but it needs specific attention IMO. The Lords thread has been a nightmare to follow without said feature. Any fix forthcoming?
Definitely looking at it mate. It appears to be a vbseo issue, and there's issues with that particular company. It seems like only certain browsers are affected by it, so as others have said in this thread, follow their suggestions until I have a fix to apply.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've made a few changes suggested to me. I find the problem very difficult to re-create on my computer, so would appreciate any testing and validation of the fixes I've applied.

Thanks.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Same problem for me.
Still a problem I assume you mean. Could you and GIMH just confirm which one of these it actually is

1) The View First Unread at the top of the thread?
2) Or the "Go to first new post" icon in thread listings
3) or Recent Posts searches?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
James, it happens to me when I select first unread post either from new posts or within a forum. It happens on safari and IE but not Chrome and Firefox.

Just tried it now in Safari and is still happening.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This problem I don't have, but I have noticed that over the last two weeks or so the email notifications have become so haphazard as to be all but useless and always a few hours behind - I have had a complete breakdown of them a few times in the past, which I have always blamed aol for (quite rightly I think) but this is different as they still come through regularly, but with no discernible pattern

James

Cricket Web Owner
James, it happens to me when I select first unread post either from new posts or within a forum. It happens on safari and IE but not Chrome and Firefox.

Just tried it now in Safari and is still happening.
Thanks. Have you tried upgrading to the latest version of Safari to see if that resolves the problem?

This problem I don't have, but I have noticed that over the last two weeks or so the email notifications have become so haphazard as to be all but useless and always a few hours behind - I have had a complete breakdown of them a few times in the past, which I have always blamed aol for (quite rightly I think) but this is different as they still come through regularly, but with no discernible pattern
I noticed this today as well - thanks for reporting it. I've logged this with our hosts and will see what they have to say.

James

Cricket Web Owner
From the hosts

ASO said:
Your server's mail queue looks to be very low at the moment so I do not think that is the cause of any delay:

I unfortunately don't see any obvious issues recorded in the server's outgoing mail log either.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still happening when using the mobile skin on my phone (which uses Safari).

djbaxter

Cricket Spectator
From the hosts
James, at AdminCP >> Settings >> Options >> Email Settings, set as follows:

Use Mailqueue System = No
Use Cron Based Sending = No
Number of Emails to Send Per Batch = Start with 300 and work up if that's problematic
E-Mail Send Delay = 0

SMTP Email = No