• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First unread post issue

James

Cricket Web Owner
One member is still having a problem unfortunately, I've asked him to post in here with more detail.

djbaxter

Cricket Spectator
Note to members:

1. You may have to clear your browser cache before testing if the fix works for you.

2, If you still experience this problem, please post back with the thread you were trying to access, your browser and the version of your browser (e.g., Firefox 22 for me), and if possible your operating system and version (e.g., Windows 7 64 bit for me).

djbaxter

Cricket Spectator
Still happening on the phone skin for me.
Which mobile device are you using, Burgey? iOS? Android? Blackberry? And are you using the forum default mobile style? Also, can you clear the browser cache for your phone?

Will see what DJ comes back with, thanks for the heads up.
Do you have tapatalk or forumrunner installed, James?

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dj,

Using iOS. I'll clear the caches and see how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback.

djbaxter

Cricket Spectator
No I don't, never really looking into them to be honest. Are you using them?
Yes. I have both enabled for my forums. Not a lot of people use them yet but the numbers are gradually increasing and those who access the forum via mobile devices find they have more features than the default vBulletin mobile style, which is pretty limited.

It costs nothing for the forum owner to sign up.

Forumrunner is already built in so all you have to do is create an account, enable it through your vBulletin customer account, and activate the builtin plugin.For members, they can download the Forumrunner app for their device. There used to be a free version and a paid version with more features that costs I think about $1.99 USD.

Tapatalk is more advanced in some ways and some people prefer it. Again, sign up for the forum owner is free. Once you set up an account, you download and install the plugin and you're done. For the forum member, again they download an app for their device for about $1.99 USD.

Both apps offer push notifications for subscribed forums, rather like email notifications of new posts for subscribed threads for those of us who still prefer desktops or laptops.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yes. I have both enabled for my forums. Not a lot of people use them yet but the numbers are gradually increasing and those who access the forum via mobile devices find they have more features than the default vBulletin mobile style, which is pretty limited.

It costs nothing for the forum owner to sign up.

Forumrunner is already built in so all you have to do is create an account, enable it through your vBulletin customer account, and activate the builtin plugin.For members, they can download the Forumrunner app for their device. There used to be a free version and a paid version with more features that costs I think about $1.99 USD.

Tapatalk is more advanced in some ways and some people prefer it. Again, sign up for the forum owner is free. Once you set up an account, you download and install the plugin and you're done. For the forum member, again they download an app for their device for about $1.99 USD.

Both apps offer push notifications for subscribed forums, rather like email notifications of new posts for subscribed threads for those of us who still prefer desktops or laptops.
Thanks for that, sounds like its worth exploring further :)

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Talking about the end user, does one have to pay $1.99 each for individual tapatalk apps for each forum he frequents, or does one purchase of the app enable tapatalk access for every forum that has it enabled?

djbaxter

Cricket Spectator
Talking about the end user, does one have to pay $1.99 each for individual tapatalk apps for each forum he frequents, or does one purchase of the app enable tapatalk access for every forum that has it enabled?
You purchase the app and you can use it to access many different tapatalk-enabled forums. This is also how forumrunner works, so either is a one time fee.

I just checked the current prices. Tapatalk still has a free version with advertisements for iPhone and Android. "Pro" versions without ads are $2.99 to $4.99 USD depending on the platform and the version.

Forumrunner is $1.99 USD for iOS or Android.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
You purchase the app and you can use it to access many different tapatalk-enabled forums. This is also how forumrunner works, so either is a one time fee.

I just checked the current prices. Tapatalk still has a free version with advertisements for iPhone and Android. "Pro" versions without ads are $2.99 to $4.99 USD depending on the platform and the version.

Forumrunner is $1.99 USD for iOS or Android.
Thanks, dj.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Just wanted to check, is anyone still having problems here or is it all good now?

uvelocity

International Coach
iphone on normal skin. i just deleted the cache so ill post in here if it happens again. probably wont use phone for cw for a few days at least

James

Cricket Web Owner
iphone on normal skin. i just deleted the cache so ill post in here if it happens again. probably wont use phone for cw for a few days at least
Thanks, and yes if you could let me know through that would be great.