• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Mobile Style

James

Cricket Web Owner
Just wondering how many of you are making use of the mobile style and how you find it? How are the colours? At the moment they're default, and I'm thinking of changing them to more match the colours here.

Please keep using the the other thread to offer suggestions to do with the main style, and the forum as a whole.

uvelocity

International Coach
Reckon a last post display on the main root forum navigation page would be handy, save going into each area to see if there are any new posts

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't like that you have to click the square thingy before you click on what's new. Been using the normal skin on my phone because of it, which works perfectly fine anyways.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I agree with the two points above but it is much better for me personally than using the normal site on a mobile. The colour scheme is very different to the normal skin though which does make it seem slightly unfamiliar.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A couple of things I've noticed on the mobile skin that I've been meaning to mention.

Firstly if I select to multi quote a post, after I've replied quoting it it then continues to come up each time I hit reply in that thread until I go back and deselect it. Bit of a pain in tour threads as it can be a nuisance to find where the post you originally quoted actually was.

Secondly, in some threads if I hit first unread, it just takes me to the top of the most recent page rather than first unread post. Happened in the forumers ashes thread once the OP had been edited and is now happening in the second ashes test thread.

Neither are huge deals - I'm avoiding multi quote now (I mainly use it not to multi quote but to select a quote I want to reply to, but don't want to reply to straight away in case the point I'm about to make has already been made or if the discussion has since moved way on) and can find where I was up to if need be but nonetheless it would be nice if these things didnt happen.

Of course it might just be me it happens to.

Another request would be to see if we can get the like button on the mobile skin?

Burgey

A couple of things I've noticed on the mobile skin that I've been meaning to mention.

Firstly if I select to multi quote a post, after I've replied quoting it it then continues to come up each time I hit reply in that thread until I go back and deselect it. Bit of a pain in tour threads as it can be a nuisance to find where the post you originally quoted actually was.

Secondly, in some threads if I hit first unread, it just takes me to the top of the most recent page rather than first unread post. Happened in the forumers ashes thread once the OP had been edited and is now happening in the second ashes test thread.

Neither are huge deals - I'm avoiding multi quote now (I mainly use it not to multi quote but to select a quote I want to reply to, but don't want to reply to straight away in case the point I'm about to make has already been made or if the discussion has since moved way on) and can find where I was up to if need be but nonetheless it would be nice if these things didnt happen.

Of course it might just be me it happens to.

Another request would be to see if we can get the like button on the mobile skin?
Both of the issues GIMP raises happen to me as well - going to the top of the page, and the multi quote thing.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for all the feedback guys. It almost seems like the mobile skin is an after thought to vbulletin as even changing the colours for it is very difficult.

I'll see what vbulletin have to say about those two problems.

Cheers.

Daemon

I'm not using the mobile skin, but browsing on the phone gives me this issue where the font sizes in some posts is small while it's larger in others, leading to a lot of zooming in/out when I browse threads. Any idea what could be the issue? I experience it on other vbulletin forums as well, and imo it's got nothing to do with the update. Will post a couple of screenshots if required.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Feel free to post screenshots, but I believe it is is people modifying the font and size themselves when they post rather than accepting the defaults.

James

Cricket Web Owner
GIMH is correct.

Likes are done through the plugin vbSEO and not through the main vbulletin software which it why it doesn't work with the mobile style.