• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Notifications

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Another forum I post at gives you a notification on your profile every time you get quoted, and also if somebody likes your post (obviously we don't have likes in CW).

It's pretty useful, as sometimes you post in quite a few threads and then lose track, so it'd be good to be notified if someone is replying to you.

Is this something CW might have the potential to introduce when vBulletin is upgraded? And I guess the other question is would people want it anyway.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I've always thought that would be a useful feature. I don't know if the upgraded site could support such a thing, but my vote would be a yes. :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Interesting idea there GIMH. Does that other forum you're referring to use vbulletin?

Do others want to see a like system on posts, and the notification idea?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Interesting idea there GIMH. Does that other forum you're referring to use vbulletin?

Do others want to see a like system on posts, and the notification idea?
No sorry, should have mentioned its on Proboards.

The notifications sounds handy but not the likes.
The likes are okay actually. Just a handy way of avoiding 'AWTA' or 'this' posts. Plus this forum (as in the one with notifications not CW) once had a karma system which is similar to likes but the fact that likes aren't totalled makes it much less open to abuse and pissing contests.

Nonetheless I'm not proposing likes, but the quote thing is definitely useful. Even more so for casual visitors who only post every 2-3 days I'd have thought.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, I still have 4,294,967,295 notifications, according to the info at the top of the page.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cool a like system, I fully plan never to give or receive any:cool:

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It appears that likes can only be given on the desktop version

I'm gonna go back and retrospectively like all of grecians posts