• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forum Outage - Tomorrow!

James

Cricket Web Owner
The forum will be unavailable for 4 hours tomorrow as per the below times across the world.

Event Time Announcer - Cricket Web Forum Upgrade

This outage will be used to upgrade the forums to one of the latest versions of the vbulletin software which will offer many new features and improve the experience for everyone.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It'll look very similar. A lot of effort has gone into making the new vBulletin 4 skin look as close as possible to the current vBulletin 3 skin. I'm not sure who ended up doing the little cricket icons for the read/unread posts on the first page but they're great; same basic idea with a crisper, modern feel. It just looks freshened up a bit, which is all we needed, rather than a complete overhaul.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The main new features you'll see will be a dedicated mobile skin, a more enhanced version of the Advanced Reply feature including the ability to post tables and YouTube videos, and a more detailed search function.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
The main new features you'll see will be a dedicated mobile skin, a more enhanced version of the Advanced Reply feature including the ability to post tables and YouTube videos, and a more detailed search function.
And nested quotes.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Pasting images doesn't work, but anything else seems to just fine, i.e. tables, bullet points.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hrmm. Not a huge fan of nested quotes - unless there's a limit of how much nesting goes on, things can get ugly.
With any new software, I think we'll find things like this.

After a few weeks I'm sure we'll be making changes here and there to make it work a little better for the community as a whole :)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I keep reading this thread title as "Cricket Web Forum Outrage - Tomorrow!"

I bet this outrage involves Cribb in some way.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The forum upgrade has been completed successfully. :)

However, the search re-building is still on-going at this stage. It has done 1.8 million posts and has 1.3 million to go. To just get the forum open, we have disabled the search facility until this process is complete. I will update this thread once searching has been switched on.

Please note that until this process completes, you may also find the forum a little slow. This is expected due to the nature of what it is doing.

If you experience any problems, please report them in this thread.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Where can I find "New Posts"?

EDIT: Also, the report posts icon seems to have drifted away from the post and is languishing in mid air between posts.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner

The search re-build will probably take another 2-3 hours.