• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forum Outage - Tomorrow!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's wrong with that Facebook icon out of interest? What makes it look funny?

Not with the lingo there, who's Smiff?
The wording split over two lines rather than aligned centrally with respect to the Facebook logo.

And Smiff = dcye.

And I know that his sig uses code rather than quote, but on my screen it's got a box within another box and on the old forum, the second box wasn't there and it looked tidier.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One thing the mobile site could do with, though it might be there and I haven't worked it out, is a refresh icon at the bottom of the page. I dunno if it can be done, but with a lot of sites on an iPhone, you have to scroll to the top of the page to refresh it.

BeeGee

International Captain
FYI, your header menus and paging controls aren't wrapping properly when you narrow your browser width.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Is there a 'User Control Panel' equivalent on the mobile skin? I'd really like to only see my subscribed threads, there's a reason I subscribe to the buggers.

Have to say the upgrade seems mostly good, though some more constrasts between posts and sigs would be nice.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is there a 'User Control Panel' equivalent on the mobile skin? I'd really like to only see my subscribed threads, there's a reason I subscribe to the buggers.
As far as I can see, there's actually no way to view your subscribed threads at all on the mobile skin.

Have to say the upgrade seems mostly good, though some more constrasts between posts and sigs would be nice.
There's actually a grey line between the posts and the sigs, but James made the post background grey so it'd be less harsh on the eyes (and it worked well) so the line is almost invisible. Needs to be changed to black or something, but I have no idea where to actually do that in VB4 styles so James will have to go poking around looking for it. :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Could you not paste the link to user cp into your browser when using the mobile skin...or will it default you back to the desktop skin?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Could you not paste the link to user cp into your browser when using the mobile skin...or will it default you back to the desktop skin?
It gives you a message saying that there is no User CP page on the mobile skin.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fair enough. Doesn't bother me personally as I very rarely use user cp on CW...make sure you have a solution before you upgrade cricsim though as its how I browse there :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fair enough. Doesn't bother me personally as I very rarely use user cp on CW...make sure you have a solution before you upgrade cricsim though as its how I browse there :p
Yeah I'll be making my own page for it to replace the warning. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yay PHP coding.

I also note searching for posts has vanished. A bit annoying with CW's large threads.
It's still there; click on "Search Single Content Type" in the advanced search area and you'll see the Posts/Threads thing towards the bottom.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Is there an option to change your time display to 24 hours, so that this post shows as having been posted at 20:33, not 8:33pm?

Fusion

Global Moderator
James, any idea why the top menu bar looks out of sorts when I access the site on my phone?

CW.png

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Somethings not quite right about the colour used for the quote boxes - they stand out more than the actual post.