Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Cricket Web Forum Outage - Tomorrow!

2.8 million posts processed now.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Gosh, if it's loading fast now, just wait until the search re-building is complete. I'm getting hit like crazy with alerts about high load on the server at the moment.

More than happy to change the white to another colour, perhaps the grey if that makes it less harsh on the eyes. Hopefully some others will drop by with their thoughts.

Any particular reason for wanting more skins? There's this one and a mobile one which I thought would serve the needs of everyone ok?

I think having more skins juz makes it easier for people to store it to their own preference. I have a problem with the white background as well, it seems a lot heavier on the eye than it was previously..

But I think this upgrade will help us read CW on our mobiles a lot better and the other options around posting tables, bullets etc seem prettyslick.. Nice job, James and team..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

The search re-building has completed and the search facility is now available.

The speed of the forum should certainly pick up now.
    Last edited by James; 01-06-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    I think having more skins juz makes it easier for people to store it to their own preference. I have a problem with the white background as well, it seems a lot heavier on the eye than it was previously..

But I think this upgrade will help us read CW on our mobiles a lot better and the other options around posting tables, bullets etc seem prettyslick.. Nice job, James and team..
    I'll change the white to the grey then, and see how that looks for everyone. Will do that in a few hours.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Gosh, if it's loading fast now, just wait until the search re-building is complete. I'm getting hit like crazy with alerts about high load on the server at the moment.

More than happy to change the white to another colour, perhaps the grey if that makes it less harsh on the eyes. Hopefully some others will drop by with their thoughts.

Any particular reason for wanting more skins? There's this one and a mobile one which I thought would serve the needs of everyone ok?

Awesome, just a couple of other observations..

1. The forum navigation link sorta blends in with the ads right now and I am totally unable to spot it immediately while scrolling. Earlier it had a distinct font set and feel and we can follow them easily.. Right now, the top frame seems set to the CW template but the forum seems to be completely on the vBulletin template.. If there is a way that the navigation links can be highlighted at the top of the page, that will be awesome.

2. When I do a reply with quote, the cursor is still positioned at the top of the reply button text area where the quoted text comes up.. It will be nice if the cursor can be positioned right at the end of the *[/QUOTE] tag..

I'll change the white to the grey then, and see how that looks for everyone. Will do that in a few hours.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    love auto save
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

1. The forum navigation link sorta blends in with the ads right now and I am totally unable to spot it immediately while scrolling. Earlier it had a distinct font set and feel and we can follow them easily.. Right now, the top frame seems set to the CW template but the forum seems to be completely on the vBulletin template.. If there is a way that the navigation links can be highlighted at the top of the page, that will be awesome.
    Just to confirm, are you referring to these? If that's the case I'm not sure there's much else we can do really unless anyone has any suggestions.

2. When I do a reply with quote, the cursor is still positioned at the top of the reply button text area where the quoted text comes up.. It will be nice if the cursor can be positioned right at the end of the */QUOTE tag..
    I'll see if I can find out for you.
    Last edited by James; 02-06-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Not a fan of how everything looks like a windows alert box, but I'll deal with it.

Haven't had a chance to try all the new features, but the forum feels fast and the autosave is a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Not a fan of how everything looks like a windows alert box, but I'll deal with it.
    Any suggestions on how we could improve that in your eyes?

I've just changed the body of posts to grey as has been suggested. Thoughts? Is it better/worse?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    What's the story with the mobile site James? Is it all go?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Yeah don't mind the grey posts tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    What's the story with the mobile site James? Is it all go?
    Yes, should be all a go.

Refer to http://s24.postimg.org/rz5ovbqid/mobile.png

Cheers.

Also, on the old version there was a link on the top left of the page, you know CW - forums - other - site discussion.

Is that no more on this new version?

International Debutant
    Used to be able to just go in under a feature (forget what it was called) and it brought up threads that I had commented on. Found that to be good. Isn't there now. How come?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information