• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****blocking

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, can think of a number of threads that would have benefited from this over the years. And some that would benefit from it at present.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What the eff is ****blocking? I mean, I know what it means IRL, but as CW isn't a dating site (or if it is I've been sorely mistaken for some little time) it can't be that...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's where a poster is prevented from accessing a thread. Cribb did it to me for a while to the suggestions for the forum thread in cricsim (he disliked my suggestions :(), if you click on the thread you get a message telling you that you don't have access to it.

Definitely a useful alternative to locking threads where one or two posters are stirring ****, but at the same time it could lead to some, um, interesting reactions if employed here.

I'm all for it mind.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Right. Ta for that.

IIRC we're waiting for an upgrade before such things can be implemented?

But I'm pro, certainly. Banning certain posters from the footy thread is where I'd start.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Right. Ta for that.

IIRC we're waiting for an upgrade before such things can be implemented?

But I'm pro, certainly. Banning certain posters from the footy thread is where I'd start.

Statistically I think that would be a tough thing to justify.

Oh I'm pro too, you can ban me from the football thread also.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I hate it when I'm trying to flirt with a few posters and a couple of the other blokes ruin my chances by just relating everything back to Cricket. We get it you like cricket.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Yeah I hate it when I'm trying to flirt with a few posters and a couple of the other blokes ruin my chances by just relating everything back to Cricket. We get it you like cricket.
I find I always think about cricket when I'm trying to delay the moment.