Cricket Player Manager

Thread: This is an outrage

Banned

This is an outrage

I am sorry but as an advocate of free speech I have to say that what has gone on this morning is a total disgrace.

Viruthebest is a very knowledgeable and insightful poster, sure you may not agree with everything he says but that is called DEMOCRACY!

I do not agree with posts some of you guys say even when you make comments about Sehwag and his elastic, I let it go, but in reality I agree to disagree with you on certain posts.

Looking through VTB's posts I cannot see anything offensive about what he has written, just a passionate fan of the game and a supporter of Indian cricket, from where I am sitting it looks as though he is banned just because he does not agree with the views of the majority and please do not tell me that is baiting others, disagreeing is not baiting, its having a democratic right to free speech.

I would like to know why he has been banned it is an outrage.

You may not agree with comments a top cricketer make so would you ban them from press conferences for that? of course not! So lets have some consistency for crying out loud
    Last edited by Kohli_fan; 31-10-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    admittedly you might want to check out the gay marriage thread.

I disagreed with pretty much everybody on there but have lived to tell the tale

might be that VTB could have actually baited somebody?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

I can't stop looking.

Kohli is obviously the new Bradman and not Sehwag, hence the ban.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Kohli_fan View Post
    Viruthebest is a very knowledgeable and insightful poster
    Heh.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kohli_fan View Post
    I am sorry but as an advocate of free speech I have to say that what has gone on this morning is a total disgrace.

Viruthebest is a very knowledgeable and insightful poster, sure you may not agree with everything he says but that is called DEMOCRACY!

I do not agree with posts some of you guys say even when you make comments about Sehwag and his elastic, I let it go, but in reality I agree to disagree with you on certain posts.

Looking through VTB's posts I cannot see anything offensive about what he has written, just a passionate fan of the game and a supporter of Indian cricket, from where I am sitting it looks as though he is banned just because he does not agree with the views of the majority and please do not tell me that is baiting others, disagreeing is not baiting, its having a democratic right to free speech.

I would like to know why he has been banned it is an outrage.

You may not agree with comments a top cricketer make so would you ban them from press conferences for that? of course not! So lets have some consistency for crying out loud
    He was banned for baiting the community with antagonising and warmongering posts. This is a place of discussion, and discussion will result in arguments, but this is not a forum designed for people to pursue an almighty war of the cricket fans and deliberately get under the skin of the "opposition".

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    admittedly you might want to check out the gay marriage thread.

I disagreed with pretty much everybody on there but have lived to tell the tale
    And yep, this is a great example of the fact that we aren't the opinion police. Pretty much the entire moderation team and many senior members were exasperated by what smali posted in that thread, but it was his opinion and he's entitled to that. He's not entitled to antagonise or insult other members, but he did not do that, so here he is, as exasperating as ever.

In the end though, Kohli_Fan, the banning of other members isn't really your concern, nor is it something we're compelled to discuss in detail on the open forum. If ViruTheBest has a question (and by question I do mean question; not abuse, accusations or demands) about his banning then he's free to email the moderation team himself. Thread closed.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Thread Information