• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your opinion

What punishment is 'cereal offenders' worthy of?

• A warning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-5 infraction points

• 6-10 infraction points

• 11-15 infraction points

• 16-19 infraction points

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hello everybody. Been an awfully long time since I did this sort of thing, but it's a new era so I am going to do this a new way. In this post I will just provide facts, and then ask for your opinions:

Fact #1: 3 weeks ago, benchmark 00 started this thread. He may have had a specific poster in mind, that is not for me to infer here in a fact-based post.

Fact #2: sledger and benchmark00 do not like each other.

Fact #3: at the weekend, sledger started this thread and was deemed to be baiting benchmark00 by doing so.

NB - baiting = looking for a reaction or aiming to provoke

So, my question to you is, do you feel that this is an example of baiting? Or is this an example of heavy-handed moderation that doesn't look after the forum's best interests but rather give the moderators an easy life? You decide.

I trust that this thread will remain open as to close it would potentially act as an indicator that moderators are not interested in the opinions of the membership, which would be silly given the whole purpose of a forum having moderators.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I'm not going to comment on any other issues, but singling out one thread as bait when TF is filled with several other (similar, might I add) joke threads does strike me as hilarious.

Fusion

Global Moderator
This thread does not serve a productive purpose so I’m going to close it. GIMH – you obviously know this thread will descend into madness. One side will obviously accuse the other of wrongdoing and back and forth we’ll go – in quite a nasty manner I might add. If Sledger has questions about his infraction, he’s more than welcome to contact us. Suffice to say, we don’t give out infractions that lead to bannings lightly. Factors such as the history of the poster, previous warnings/infractions, and intent of the post are all taken into account. We recognize that not all moderation decisions will be accepted by everyone. While we respect the opinions of those that disagree, at the end of the day we do have to make decisions that we feel are in the best interest of the site, even if that upsets some members.

Status
Not open for further replies.