• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Infraction System improvements

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So basically the tour threads have descended into unreadable rubbish as a result of idiots who are capable of nothing more than nationalistic dick waving as a posting style. This is affecting the forum atmosphere, which although an infractable offence is pretty vague and needs clarifying.

Therefore, in order to provide this clarity, I propose that 'nationalistic dick waving' becomes an infractable offence, starting immediately. As we're a family friendly forum, I don't think dick-waving of any sort should be tolerated, so the offence could carry 8 points so that repeat offenders are quickly banned.

Whilst I'm on the subject of dicks, seriously, get the ****blocking feature.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So Furball suggests that dick-waving could be prevented by ****blocking. ITSTL.

Suggestions like this would probably be taken more seriously if people could manage to say "nationalistic warmongering" and "removing users from specific threads", but I do agree in principle. The latter isn't going to happen though as it'd require a vBulletin add-on.

uvelocity

International Coach
why all the sooking. there's a crappy posts from a few in this vein but too tar the whole thread with that brush, repeatedly, and have posters publicly retire and call the whole thing turd, well it's as bad for atmosphere is the other frankly.

yeah I'm still new here but some longer members with one post all day which is "this sucks" "awta" is pretty useless posting in itself.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Which will happen first?

1) vBulletin upgrade (pretty sure this was in the pipeline when I was a mod ffs)
2) Forum World Cup
3) End of CricSim season 11
4) Cribb dies in SW Mafia

Vote now.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
why all the sooking. there's a crappy posts from a few in this vein but too tar the whole thread with that brush, repeatedly, and have posters publicly retire and call the whole thing turd, well it's as bad for atmosphere is the other frankly.

yeah I'm still new here but some longer members with one post all day which is "this sucks" "awta" is pretty useless posting in itself.
2 reasons:

1. Tour threads here used to be awesome. They're less so now.
2. The trolling was a lot more fun when I was responsible for it.

uvelocity

International Coach
well why don't you make use of your avatar. they are new, tell em mishbah wouldn't have complained about finn

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

this sucks,

nah seriously it's been pretty ****e today, but TBH people should stop whining, the forum is what you make it, things move on, and other such trite nonsense.

If you and your cabal are not at the centre of the bull****, you think it's rubbish, if you are you think it's witty and pretty and bright.

'tway of the internet, I'm afraid.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure if I am to blame or not, purposefully stayed out as much as possible today after my crap posting in 1st test. Just made a couple of comments about the side we picked and have basically left it.

If my poorly made observations (jumping the gun) on day 1 of the series have meant the whole thread is now bobbins I apologise.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Well my tongue was semi in my cheek, but hey, I caught a break, read through the thread and then washed my eyes. And you're right, 80% of the posts in the thread are fine but the place is attracting a lot of what Cribbage calls 'warmongerers' of late and it spoils the whole thread.

The debate over the Finn non-wicket had some decent points before trolls got their hands on it. And I cbf, I've let those sorts of posts bother me before, I argue with them and it's awful for all involved. So for now I'm just gonna try and stay out of those threads.

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything at all, in which case I apologise. But yeah, the thread is a hard read and with the game fairly even we can rule out the fallacious theory of it bein to do with England's performance.

uvelocity

International Coach
you might be busy but if people who post well don't take the time to set the tone early in the first session and post in the channel outside off with a bit of patience, and perhaps mix it up with a bouncer to pull newbies into line...

but really I can't remember reading any forum rules when I joined up. It's a bit hard to expect newbies to follow with no guidance.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
On a slightly less facetious note, a point which Murphy touched on a while back - I'm down to 15 points which means provided the mods stick with 5 pointers I have 2 free shots at being a **** and picking up an infraction without getting banned. If I go another 2 weeks without picking up another one, I go down to 10 points - and have no wiggle room when it comes to picking up infractions. I'll be walking that tightrope for 3 months due to the stupid double counting malarky.

Now, whilst the obvious answer is 'don't be a ****', a) that's no fun and b) it still doesn't change the fact that my 'reward' for being good for the last 4 months is actually to put me closer to receiving a ban, which seems mildly counter intuitive.

Fusion

Global Moderator
On a slightly less facetious note, a point which Murphy touched on a while back - I'm down to 15 points which means provided the mods stick with 5 pointers I have 2 free shots at being a **** and picking up an infraction without getting banned. If I go another 2 weeks without picking up another one, I go down to 10 points - and have no wiggle room when it comes to picking up infractions. I'll be walking that tightrope for 3 months due to the stupid double counting malarky.

Now, whilst the obvious answer is 'don't be a ****', a) that's no fun and b) it still doesn't change the fact that my 'reward' for being good for the last 4 months is actually to put me closer to receiving a ban, which seems mildly counter intuitive.
I get your point but it's also worth pointing out that you do get a month long ban at 30 points as opposed to a weeklong ban at 15. So it's not like you would just get away with the extra infractions without a harsher penalty (and conversely you are getting rewarded for good behavior as you would face a shorter ban if you messed up again).