• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Infraction System improvements

Spark

Global Moderator
you might be busy but if people who post well don't take the time to set the tone early in the first session and post in the channel outside off with a bit of patience, and perhaps mix it up with a bouncer to pull newbies into line...

but really I can't remember reading any forum rules when I joined up. It's a bit hard to expect newbies to follow with no guidance.
I guess we should make them more visible, then.

uvelocity

International Coach
well I probably just didn't read it anyway. most forums I've been a part of the rules are pretty prominently placed. Just searched and found them. You'd think they'd be about as important as cw merch though.

but like grecian said anyway, it's what you make of it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I agree, the treatment of Steve Davis was a disgrace and infractions should have been handed out against those calling for his sacking. :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The double-counting is silly. Given the nature of infractions and the fact you have a serial offender infraction at your disposal, it seems stupid for someone to have points last twice as long because they had the same offence before. Especially when it means if you're constantly a **** over a variety of offences, you effectively have shorter lived infractions.

I had gone seven months without an infraction before I was infraction free. It's a pretty counter-productive system in that respect.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The double-counting is silly. Given the nature of infractions and the fact you have a serial offender infraction at your disposal, it seems stupid for someone to have points last twice as long because they had the same offence before. Especially when it means if you're constantly a **** over a variety of offences, you effectively have shorter lived infractions.

I had gone seven months without an infraction before I was infraction free. It's a pretty counter-productive system in that respect.
Lol, I still have 6 months to go. The next infraction to drop off is the one that got me banned last summer.