• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whimsical moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

smash84

The Tiger King
The topic of moderation has been raised a fair few times and has ruffled the feathers of our not so esteemed moderators in the past. Therefore I don't expect this thread to last too long.

The purpose of this thread is to voice my concern over my latest banning and the feeling that moderation seems to be far too whimsical of late. I am hoping I can get a few answers from the this clique. My questions are

1) do the moderators actually think before they act?
2) Does it ever occur to moderators that before jumping the gun they actually try to find out if the issue really is what they are cooking up in their minds.
3) (more of a statement) If some moderators feel irritated by a post then please try not to go looking out for any flimsy excuse to try to hand out infractions (yes PEWS this is you in this instance, and I want to point it out).
4) What kind of useless account is moderators@cricketweb.net? If the moderators don't really ****ing care regarding being contacted with that email then don't bother dishing it out at every opportunity. Don't give me the bull**** excuse that "oh, you have disabled receiving messages from moderators". I didn't do it because of fear of spam and junk cluttering my inbox.

And yes, trolling and derailing threads by moderators and staff members doesn't get nearly anything half as serious so please stop the double standards.

Fusion

Global Moderator
We have responded to your questions and given you a reason for the ban both via email and VM. You obviously disagree with our reasons, but that's no reason to continue ranting about the subject in this manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.