• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Used to be the best thing about this forum, are now absolute toilet and completely unreadable.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I wasn't in there too often but long enough to notice grand generalisations being drawn about players abilities after a single day.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hopefully everyone makes the generalisation that I'm very funny based only on my above post in here

BoyBrumby

Englishman
There is maybe a bit too much of fans of one team telling everyone else who good they are and they everyone else gloating at the misplaced hubris when they get owned by visiting South Africans, er, another team.

No-one pumps up their team's tyres worse than the English and I always die inside slightly when I read "We're great, us. 2-0, no doubt" posts. The potential for egg on face is massive.

Also a few to many of the

"You're a ****"

"No, you're a ****. Worst post ever"

styley posts too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There are three main problems IMO:

1 - people jumping to conclusions about teams and players based on one day or game, and then using this warped conclusions to support their prejudices
2 - ****s who think cricket is played on Microsoft Excel
3 - a poster who shall remain nameless posting unfunny drivel throughout the thread, only diverting from this to be condescending and smug

Appoint me as mod and I'll have these problems fixed by December

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
There is maybe a bit too much of fans of one team telling everyone else who good they are and they everyone else gloating at the misplaced hubris when they get owned by visiting South Africans, er, another team.

No-one pumps up their team's tyres worse than the English and I always die inside slightly when I read "We're great, us. 2-0, no doubt" posts. The potential for egg on face is massive.

Also a few to many of the

"You're a ****"

"No, you're a ****. Worst post ever"

styley posts too.
I don't think anyone except for an English fan could have made this post as it would have been untactful of us neutrals. But yes I agree with your post.

benchmark00

There are certain English fans who just don't like when people call it as they see it and don't call the English team the best cricket team to have ever played the game. They throw little girlish tantrums. Saw it in the Pak/England series and we're seeing it again. Boo ****ing hoo.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You mean you?
Do you always have to be so obnoxious. For the record, not just me as I know of plenty of non-Poms who agree with this general sentiment, but clearly the world revolves purely around you and your opinions so those of others clearly don't count. Don't treat me like you treat those other people you feud with as it's not what I'm looking for.

benchmark00

Do you always have to be so obnoxious. For the record, not just me as I know of plenty of non-Poms who agree with this general sentiment, but clearly the world revolves purely around you and your opinions so those of others clearly don't count. Don't treat me like you treat those other people you feud with as it's not what I'm looking for.
Touchy much? All you do is complain and talk about cricsim these days. If you want to do that, then shift off to cricsim permanently. Not interested.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha, I feel kind of bad for triggering this thread in a random off-beat rant or two. But having done so, it's only fair that I give my two bob honestly, as a poster and tour thread addict.

People have to realise, IMO, that

1. No one gives a **** about your nationalistic tendencies or your agendas, take them elsewhere. It's ****ing tiresome coming back home and reading about 'LOLOLOL this just proves ________ is **** as I thought all along". No. One. Cares. On a related note, it is the height of stupidity to judge a cricketer based on a single Test match, let alone an innings, a day or, god forbid, a session.

2. Cricket is a game played for entertainment. So, y'know, people should try to act like they're at least trying to enjoy the cricket and talking about cricket in a supposedly relaxed, moderated atmosphere and stop taking themselves and everything else so seriously.

3. Tour threads are not cricinfo. What I like reading about tour threads is discussions about bowling plans, conditions, predictions, analysis and that sort of stuff - the things expert commentators should be providing but don't, so we fill the vacuum. Ideally.

My thoughts anyway.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'd really hate to lock this thread, so there is a zero tolerance for feuding and petty flamewars from now, btw.

uvelocity

International Coach
Well I for one have no problem with anything. The atmosphere is pretty relaxed. It's not illegal to have dumb or even wrong opinions, and generally there are no downright personal attacks or completely offensive stuff.

And it's certainly readable, and sometimes amusing.

Spark

Global Moderator
Compared to tour threads of even just six months ago I just have very little urge to get involved in the same way I used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.