Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum exposť - The infraction system is broken

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thinking more about this, I don't think going back to a clean slate and then another 15 and you're up to the next threshold is the right way to go about it either, because although it doesn't punish good behaviour (unlike the system at the moment) it doesn't reward it either.

I think if you've had a certain period of time between infractions, you should automatically drop down a threshold.

The whole infraction system is pretty farcical though tbh.
    That happens. Keep your nose clean for enough time and all your infractions drop off to the point where you have a clean slate, as I believe happened to your good friend GIMH recently.

What my friend Bob (can I call you Bob?) is unhappy about is the way that a repeat infraction for the same offence gets doubled in length. Most infractions are supposed to last for 6 weeks (there might be a select few that are more severe than that but I cbf checking). Yet you and I both received month long bans on the same day for crossing the 30 point threshold despite it being 5 months since I came off my last ban, and in your case 3 months. I suspect we're both in the same boat when it comes to infractions that they tend to be for the same category of offence - the mod's personal favourite with me is the "harassing or insulting other posters" one (would it really have killed you guys to hand out a couple of trolling infractions that I was clearly crying out for last summer) to the point where my most recent infraction for said offence will stay on my record for a year. With my most recent ban, offences which I had committed in July 2011 stayed on my record for long enough to both count towards a ban in April 2012, and influence the length of that ban. I think the 3 posts that I've had infracted since coming back from my "stop trolling the Indians" ban were spaced out over a period of 3 months. And yet that, combined with my previous record was enough to get me a month off, when I'd wager that in terms of forum ill-discipline I was nowhere near the top of the bad boy pile after my summer 2011 heyday. If I were a betting man I'd wager that Bob's disciplinary record is not too dissimilar to mine.

The double counting of infractions is ridiculous, particularly when a "serial offender" infraction exists - one that seems entirely redundant seeing as I've had 11 separate infractions for "lack of respect for, insulting or harassing other members" without yet moving up to the "serial offender" league. I'm currently on 15 points yet the next infraction that is due to fall off my record won't fall off until August, for a post made last July. Assuming no further infractions, I go down to 5 points in November and will be infraction free in February. So in January, an infracted post that I made in February of the previous year has the potential to tip me over the edge for a ban. That is stupid.

Cliffs - the double counting of infractions is ridiculous and Bob is correct.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    I thought there was a special set of infraction rules that applied to all you ****s that have a monkey in your avatars?

hmmmmm if you werent all such ****s, you wouldnt get infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    hmmmmm if you werent all such ****s, you wouldnt get infracted
    Being a **** is fun though.

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    The expiration time period of infraction points could be reduced, so the ones who return after longer bans have fewer infraction points still active.

Overall the system is right IMO, once you are banned for an offence, the leeway that you get next time is reduced. Even the law is stricter on repeat offenders.
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    The expiration time period of infraction points could be reduced, so the ones who return after longer bans have fewer infraction points still active.

Overall the system is right IMO, once you are banned for an offence, the leeway that you get next time is reduced. Even the law is stricter on repeat offenders.
    You've missed my point though. When you get banned and you come back, you currently have extra leeway if you commit an infractable offence than you would if you are on good behaviour for 6 months then commit an infractable offence.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Sounds like a job for the Law Reform Commission.

The amount of times I used the 'law reform?? More like boreaform!' gag during class can not be over stated.

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    You're an obiter dickhead.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot View Post
    You're an obiter dickhead.
    Suck my ratio decidendi.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    The amount of times I used the 'law reform?? More like boreaform!' gag during class can not be over stated.
    I assume its only funny in Wollongong or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I assume its only funny in Wollongong or something?
    c'd.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

nice place the gong. lived there once.

nah **** wanna fight

put up your dukes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information