• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The double standards need to stop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I come on this forum to interact with other fans and to give a west indian viewpoint, now i'm not saying i've been a complete angel since i signed up here, but i've always tried to adhere to the rules of the forum, just over a week ago i was conversing on the WI vs Aus thread with a poster who was been trying to dictate to me why i'm wrong not to support Sammy, my last reply to him was this..

Yet again he only got ONE WICKET in the innings and dropped a vital catch!!!.. that's typical sammy for you!! :laugh: , but you're a supporter OF THE OPPOSITION so of course you want him in our side!! 8-) ,
Now i'm fully aware when i'm in the wrong and i've taken my punishments before, but is that really a banning offence? really? :blink: in that post i haven't insulted anyone i've just basically put down the facts, but evidently that was enough to get me a one week ban without a warning or explanation,

If the rules were the same for everyone i'd have no issues, but just a few days earlier a poster said this to me...

Why don't you get a job ffs, instead of bumming around the Caribbean watching all these kids play? Are you Richard Branson or something? Got a private jet to get you around all these grounds watching these kids play?

And why are you so interested in watching kids play anyway? Hmmmm?
It's pretty clear what said poster was implying but there was no action taken even after i made the mods aware of it.. :unsure: ,

I'm probably the only WI fan who actually spends a decent amount of time on these forums, most of the others that were here when i first signed up have either been driven away or banned for good, i'm not asking for special treatment, but when the double standards are as blatant as the example i provided above then it leaves me wondering whether WI fans really have a place around here at all,

In closing what this post does for my future here is anyones guess, but i'm not a fan of walking on egg shells and that's exactly what i'd have to do if i didn't speak up.

cheers

WW

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Welcome back WW. Happy enough with the squad for England? Hopefully your captain does well :)

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Welcome back WW. Happy enough with the squad for England? Hopefully your captain does well :)
Thanks, as for the squad, it's alright i guess, still missing a few key players but i guess we'll have to make do, i'll go into more detail on the Eng vs WI thread soon if i'm still around!! :D .

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Reckon you probably would have been fine if you didn't throw in the rolleyes smiley.
But that's just an expression, it's not an "eff you" sign is it? :mellow: and lets be honest plenty of posters have crossed the line and haven't been punished but for some reason i'm always getting the short end of the stick, the example is there for all to see.

Also the post i was replying to had a rolleyes smiley aswell.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
That seems harsh tbh, taken in isolation atleast. The post he was replying to had rolleyes smilies also.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
That seems harsh tbh, taken in isolation atleast. The post he was replying to had rolleyes smilies too.
Exactly. here is the post i was replying to...

paint us somewhat into a corner at 7/212 overnight and still find a way to criticise the skipper :unsure: couldn't make a fuss about him not shouldering the bowling load this time? 8-)
So if i was banned for the rolly eyes then the other party should have been aswell.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How do you know there was no action taken for Burgey's post? The mods could have issued a warning or an infraction of some sort for it without making it public and tbh I would have expected them to.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
How do you know there was no action taken for Burgey's post? The mods could have issued a warning or an infraction of some sort for it without making it public and tbh I would have expected them to.
I want to address this point and I will start a thread to make my point.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm not going to pass comment on WW's tantrum, but this I think is now a point that gets repeated a great deal and needs attention. If people don't know what happens to their reports, then they feel moved to take the law into their own hands and are more likely to retaliate rather than follow procedure.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
but this I think is now a pont that gets repeated a great deal and needs attention.
Ponty had enough attention on this site, quite frankly, and his flounce got nowhere near as much attention as Martin Crowe's A Grade performance and that's not really fair on the Legend that is Pont.

Status
Not open for further replies.