• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The double standards need to stop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hurricane has spotted another unusual posting pattern and has to investigate.

He's CricketWeb's answer to Roger Cook. Can't wait for the latest expose, Hurricane! :happy:
Starting to spot a pattern with you tbh.
But I think I'll start with an expose on how Parrots are unhygienic and how parrot lovers are often passed over for promotion.:ph34r:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I come on this forum to interact with other fans and to give a west indian viewpoint, now i'm not saying i've been a complete angel since i signed up here, but i've always tried to adhere to the rules of the forum, just over a week ago i was conversing on the WI vs Aus thread with a poster who was been trying to dictate to me why i'm wrong not to support Sammy, my last reply to him was this..

Now i'm fully aware when i'm in the wrong and i've taken my punishments before, but is that really a banning offence? really? :blink: in that post i haven't insulted anyone i've just basically put down the facts, but evidently that was enough to get me a one week ban without a warning or explanation,

If the rules were the same for everyone i'd have no issues, but just a few days earlier a poster said this to me...

It's pretty clear what said poster was implying but there was no action taken even after i made the mods aware of it.. :unsure: ,

I'm probably the only WI fan who actually spends a decent amount of time on these forums, most of the others that were here when i first signed up have either been driven away or banned for good, i'm not asking for special treatment, but when the double standards are as blatant as the example i provided above then it leaves me wondering whether WI fans really have a place around here at all,

In closing what this post does for my future here is anyones guess, but i'm not a fan of walking on egg shells and that's exactly what i'd have to do if i didn't speak up.

cheers

WW
I thought you were 15 yourself ffs. I've only got your posts to go by. Fifteen is a compliment ffs.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But I think I'll start with an expose on how Parrots are unhygienic and how parrot lovers are often passed over for promotion.:ph34r:
Sounds good. You've already clearly got more of an idea about what's going on than I do.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
How do you know there was no action taken for Burgey's post? The mods could have issued a warning or an infraction of some sort for it without making it public and tbh I would have expected them to.
That's not really my point though, the question is which post was worse? clearly it wasn't mine, therefore why was i banned and the other individual wasn't? that's the question i'm asking :unsure: .

WindieWeathers

International Regular
mate the whole weeks worth of rollseyes posts from WW was what spurred me on. plus being a sore loser.
Excuse me i wasn't being a "sore loser", all i was doing was pointing out an obvious FACT that we were missing half our best players, even your own skipper admitted it.. :blink: ,

Son Of Coco

Explains how the parrots became unhygenic in the first place I'd say.

fredfertang

I come on this forum to interact with other fans and to give a west indian viewpoint, now i'm not saying i've been a complete angel since i signed up here, but i've always tried to adhere to the rules of the forum, just over a week ago i was conversing on the WI vs Aus thread with a poster who was been trying to dictate to me why i'm wrong not to support Sammy, my last reply to him was this..

Now i'm fully aware when i'm in the wrong and i've taken my punishments before, but is that really a banning offence? really? :blink: in that post i haven't insulted anyone i've just basically put down the facts, but evidently that was enough to get me a one week ban without a warning or explanation,

If the rules were the same for everyone i'd have no issues, but just a few days earlier a poster said this to me...

It's pretty clear what said poster was implying but there was no action taken even after i made the mods aware of it.. :unsure: ,

I'm probably the only WI fan who actually spends a decent amount of time on these forums, most of the others that were here when i first signed up have either been driven away or banned for good, i'm not asking for special treatment, but when the double standards are as blatant as the example i provided above then it leaves me wondering whether WI fans really have a place around here at all,

In closing what this post does for my future here is anyones guess, but i'm not a fan of walking on egg shells and that's exactly what i'd have to do if i didn't speak up.

cheers

WW
For now I'll assume that there is no factual dispute over any of this post. That being the case unless there's something else that puts it in a different context then it seems to me that WW has been dealt a low blow

uvelocity

International Coach
ftr I don't even know how to report posts, so it wasn't any of my doing. and I don't know because I wouldn't anyway.

Athlai

Not Terrible
mate the whole weeks worth of rollseyes posts from WW was what spurred me on. plus being a sore loser.
Yeah not trying to shoot you down personally or anything, but in isolation it was a post that a moderator could have done something about if it were brought to their attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.