• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Selective Ignoring or Banning

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In a thread that asked for forum suggestions and, in the first post, pointed out that joke replies would be given infractions, you made the following suggestions:

- Remove the option to post in green text
- Add a wanking gif as a smiley option
- Make Heef king of the forum

Unruly child just about summed that up.
A new low point, surely :-O

Those suggestions are outstanding!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How would it be unfair on him though? There was pretty much uniform consensus that he was a blight on that thread, and despite repeated warnings and opportunities to improve his posting he repeatedly dragged it to new depths.
Then ban him completely. From just one thread makes no sense to me. They'll continue posting in similar style on some other topic sooner or later.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would wholeheartedly embrace such a decision to be honest. Having thought about it, his contributions to the football thread are replicated in his posts in CC. Then, as f00lins mentions, you get his other insightful threads about his views on homosexuality.

The guy is a waste of skin.

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
In a thread that asked for forum suggestions and, in the first post, pointed out that joke replies would be given infractions, you made the following suggestions:

- Remove the option to post in green text
- Add a wanking gif as a smiley option
- Make Heef king of the forum

Unruly child just about summed that up.
:laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, aussie probably not the best example there. He made a thread advocating killing gay people and somehow escaped a permanent ban at the time, which is astonishing considering the trivial offences that regularly attract the attention of the mods.
Freedom of speech.

If those people can't survive without the protection of the state, too bad.

/libertarian.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this just happened to me on cricsim - Tactics you employ to piss Cribbington off: - and man, it really really hurts

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I may disagree with you but banning you would be bollocks! What's the point of a forum if everyone is going to be hunky dory and agree on everything ? :p

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Yeah true I guess. But I have said some awful things in the past and have had to apologise for them (GIMH knows what I am talking about). :p

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
this just happened to me on cricsim - Tactics you employ to piss Cribbington off: - and man, it really really hurts
It hurts the mod of that particular subforum more than it hurts you tbh. Now he'll just have to talk to himself some more.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
When the board gets upgraded (which must've been in the pipeline for about a year now), ****blocking is a must.