• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Uploading GIF avatars - HOW?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Alright so whenever I try to use a GIF from a website, it'll generally be too large so I'll have to edit it down a touch. That's not too much of a problem, but whenever I attempt to upload the edited file from my computer it just shows up as a still image, not an animation. Totally lost here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
What are you using to edit it? If you're just resizing it in Paint or whatever it'll just save the first frame.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Nah, using the editor built into preview (on OSX ftr). It lets me edit each individual frame fine, and the edited + saved file works fine, but it just reverts to being a single frame when I try to upload it.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Have you already tried uploading it to a third party host and linking to it there? Should work. Failing that ask Spikey.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Alright so whenever I try to use a GIF from a website, it'll generally be too large so I'll have to edit it down a touch. That's not too much of a problem, but whenever I attempt to upload the edited file from my computer it just shows up as a still image, not an animation. Totally lost here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(
You have to make sure it fits the height and width restrictions of the forum before you upload it. The forum will resize an image for you but if it needs to resize a gif it will just take the first frame.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
You have to make sure it fits the height and width restrictions of the forum before you upload it. The forum will resize an image for you but if it needs to resize a gif it will just take the first frame.
I'd say this is where the problem is. Cheers.