• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Confusing Avatars

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This has been irritating me a little for a while, but now that benchy has been disenfranchised the more so. I propose, that for the purposes of CW at least, that copyright subsists in an avatar and that benchy should should have sole rights to that bloody monkey, and, mentioned in the same sentence for no nefarious reason at all, whoever first used that image of Kohli should have sole use of that.

...... and if anybody suggests I've developed early-onset Alzheimers and starts using an image of Robin Friday as their avatar they can gagf :@

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Agree with Fred. I don't usually look at someone's username, I just look at their avatar, unless it's an avatar I don't recognise. All the people with the Kohli avatar's are slightly merging into one person for me now.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not too fussed about a few photoshopped monkeys, but I'd say the Kohli thing has rather run its course. Does tend to defeat the object of having a personalised avatar.

grecian

Just turn off avatars and sigs like the cool kids do, then you don't give a **** what the hoi-polloi are doing, and you can keep your av and sig forever, and it'll just bore other people not you.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hoi-polloi is one of my favourite phrases. Kudos grecian.

On an unrelated note, I imagine grecian to look like that blonde guy he had as his avatar for ages.

In fact, I think there's a thread about people looking like their avatars kicking around somewhere...

grecian

Hoi-polloi is one of my favourite phrases. Kudos grecian.

On an unrelated note, I imagine grecian to look like that blonde guy he had as his avatar for ages.

In fact, I think there's a thread about people looking like their avatars kicking around somewhere...

I wish I was Roy Batty, every day of my life, apart from that premature death thing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, so it actually was the guy from Blade Runner, I just assumed it was someone who looked like him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I find it mildly irksome tbh. When we had our first spate it made me realise that generally I don't actually read the poster's username and just go by the avatar.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When Furball and I had similar avatars once ( after we'd won the world T20) I used to see his posts and be like 'I don't remember writing that', the capital G helped that along mind you

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Remember I had Richard's avatar, location and sig combination once for the purposes of deceiving people at one stage. No idea why I thought this was a good idea tbh.

grecian

Remember I had Richard's avatar, location and sig combination once for the purposes of deceiving people at one stage. No idea why I thought this was a good idea tbh.

Yep, I think all that nonsense was what made me turn everything off.

You get used to reading the names after a while, I think with a lazy mind like mine, it's probably best to get me to focus somehow.

cpr

International Coach
Dunno how I tell tbh, most people's avatars here i don't really associate with the person, only reall grecian & freds on this page resonate with the poster (though generic greyscale face does say Brumby in mind, the face may change but the name is always the same, or something like that). Likewise colourful game/anime etc image does suggest Sledger.

Must catch a glimpse of username out of corner of my eye. Having said that, the monkeys are confusing the **** out of me, suggesting I only do that if I don't instantly recognise the image

smash84

The Tiger King
the monkeys and the kohlis are getting really confusing. It was funny for a while but after a while it does get a little irritating