• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Statute of Limitations

Furball

Evil Scotsman
While the outcome doesn't bother me one bit, getting a ban because of an infraction for a post made 5 months ago is a pile of arse.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
first day benchmark00 returns i'm gonna start digging for offensive posts he made in 07

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I just logged in and for the first time since Lady Hamilton lost her virginity I looked at my CP page. On it is a list of points given and the reasons (all spuriously awarded of course).

However I notice that 5 points that were awarded by the illustrious Fusion on May 13th 2013 don't expire until 23rd January 2014.

That's 255 days or 8 months 10 days or 6120 hours or 367,200 minutes or 22,032,000 seconds. Rather an odd looking time period.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just logged in and for the first time since Lady Hamilton lost her virginity I looked at my CP page. On it is a list of points given and the reasons (all spuriously awarded of course).

However I notice that 5 points that were awarded by the illustrious Fusion on May 13th 2013 don't expire until 23rd January 2014.

That's 255 days or 8 months 10 days or 6120 hours or 367,200 minutes or 22,032,000 seconds. Rather an odd looking time period.
I reported you for being awol and thereby seriously undermining the entertainment value of the place - I expect that is what you were infracted for, and deservedly so

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I reported you for being awol and thereby seriously undermining the entertainment value of the place - I expect that is what you were infracted for, and deservedly so
I'm not concerned with the reasoning and it's not possible to be entertaining without a humourless numpty awarding points. It was just that in a moment of weakness I allowed myself to become curious about the strange timespan that the points lasted. icon7.gif

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I believe there have been discussions with your probation officer and that it coincides with your licence conditions ending

cpr

International Coach
I believe the infraction in question was due to stay on account for 3 months, just took over 5 months to be applied.

Tsk, red tape eh.

Fusion

Global Moderator

The illustrious one suspects that the reason for the lengthy expiration date is due to the fact that infraction expiration dates (for the same type of infraction) keep getting added to the previous installation. All of your infractions, given by humourless numpties of course, have been for "Lack of respect for, insulting, or harassment of other members". Each time you were hit by that specific infraction, the expiration date extended by an additional 3 months. However, I'll double check with another illustrious member of the team to make sure that there's no error here and will update you.

Edit: Confirmed the above. Here's an explanation from VBulletin:

VBulletin said:
When this option is enabled a user will receive extended expiration times if given a second infraction that matches an existing active infraction. For example, a user is given an infraction for spamming posts that expires in 1 day. An hour later this user is given another spamming posts infraction. Since the user already had an active spamming posts infraction, this new infraction's expiration time is added to the end time of the previous infraction. Effectively, this new infraction will now end 1 day and 23 hours later instead of the default of 1 day. If the user was given a third infraction, it would be added to the end of the second infraction as well.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As an angelic poster who very rarely gets infractions, I'm not personally affected but I've never understood that rule. Seems too much of a double whammy to me.