• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Malware warning??

cpr

International Coach
Found today that when I open the front page of the forum in Opera browser, its blocking the site as having potential Malware. Obviously trusting you lot I'm ignoring it, but the address bar still warns me of the risk to me browsing the site.

A) Anyone else had this?

B) Could it be linked to the new adverts?

James, worth a nosey into if you like. Not got a screenshot of the original message, but heres one with the warning in the address bar

Attachments

jan

State Vice-Captain
I sent James the same message with almost the same picture today :)
Seems to be Opera only thing - its ok in IE, FF or Maxthon. I use adblock extension and get no ads at all so cant tell if those new ads could be the reason...

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for reporting it guys. I'll investigate further and let you know what I find.

James

Cricket Web Owner
It was a false positive, I think it may have been something to do with all the spam bots floating around and the spam threads they're creating.

Dear James,

Your site has been successfully rechecked and is no longer marked as dangerous in Yandex search results. The warning window in the Opera browser should have already disappeared as well.

Regards,
Yandex Support