• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is cricketweb a part time project?

LankanPrince

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi James,

First of all jus want to say that cricketweb is one of my favourite sites which covers international cricket and cricket gaming comprehensively. The forums are the best cricket related ones on the web. I have one question for you and the guys who built and maintain cricketweb:

Is cricketweb a project you do in your free time or do you recieve money from running the website?

Anyways to the whole cricketweb team keep up the great work, you are providing a valuable service to cricket fans worldwide.

Peace to all,

The LankanPrince8D

Rich2001

International Captain
LankanPrince said:
Hi James,

First of all jus want to say that cricketweb is one of my favourite sites which covers international cricket and cricket gaming comprehensively. The forums are the best cricket related ones on the web. I have one question for you and the guys who built and maintain cricketweb:

Is cricketweb a project you do in your free time or do you recieve money from running the website?

Anyways to the whole cricketweb team keep up the great work, you are providing a valuable service to cricket fans worldwide.
As iam sure James and the rest of the Cricket Web staff would say, thank-you for the nice comments it’s always nice to have people value the work we put in.

As for your other comments it's a bit of both to be honest, it's mainly free-time work at the momment. However like most sites, we offer areas like advertising on the site to bring in a little cash... But all the money we make goes stright back into improving the site. (Well that's what James tells us anyway :saint: - Umm he does seem to be living the high life at the moment :( :lol: )

PY

International Coach
Re: Re: Is cricketweb a part time project?

Rich2001 said:
Umm he does seem to be living the high life at the moment :( :lol: )
If you call building new sections of the site 'the high life'.......:lol:

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: Re: Re: Is cricketweb a part time project?

PY said:
If you call building new sections of the site 'the high life'.......:lol:
Well you never know... that could be James "Dream" :lol:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I always tell people that I work for a non-profit organization, because it sounds better than saying I work without pay. :P

Andre

International Regular
No comment on James' dreams :P

But anyway, thanks for the kind comments, LankanPrince.

Cricket Web is a part-time project, however, I see no reason why we won't eventually challenge as one of the internet's top cricket sites.

I for one am hoping it will not be part time forever.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hehe - It was a dream actually to get a great bunch of people together and build a great cricketing website. I think we're well on the way :)

But yes, all money made goes into paying for hosting, etc and getting money together for new projects for the site.

As Andre said I hope it isn't part-time forever although I do spend close on 30 hours a week working on Cricket Web which is a little more than part-time ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Andre said:
Cricket Web is a part-time project, however, I see no reason why we won't eventually challenge as one of the internet's top cricket sites.
Eventually?

That WCM review suggested we're already a bit more than that.

Plus, we have the Duck...