• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Using the term "rape"

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I remember many people were confused when some people found that word offensive and others didn't.

I'm confused why you attacked the mods and not the people who were defending the use of the term 'rape' in this thread.
Because they're being a pack of idiots lately.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
How many bans have you had?
About 14, iirc. It's been a long winding road, and I may have forgotten the odd one here or there. There have been many posters who have taken exception to my antics over the years. Make that 15 bans if you count Spanish_vicente btw.

Uppercut

I’ve deleted a few posts that are a bit OTT. I get the need for humor, but can we not make this a joke/pun thread and keep it somewhat serious? :)
That's just awful, shouldn't happen on a forum. Saying "get back on topic" would have been a bit unnecessary anyway, but now you're actually deleting posts because they weren't serious enough responses? Jesus Christ. Something's gone badly wrong.

Uppercut

I don't think those posts had nothing to add fwiw, the point was that if you ban certain words we can just come up with something even more unnecessarily graphic anyway. But you thought that if you didn't see any value to the posts that meant that there was none and you could safely cut out our tongue-in-cheek contributions. That's so, so far beyond what the moderators' jobs should be.

Fusion

Global Moderator
That's just awful, shouldn't happen on a forum. Saying "get back on topic" would have been a bit unnecessary anyway, but now you're actually deleting posts because they weren't serious enough responses? Jesus Christ. Something's gone badly wrong.
The posts that I deleted had various graphic substitutions for describing a ***ual assault. I didn't think they were appropriate for a family forum, even if they were used in a joking context. I'm sorry if that comes across as over-moderation, but IMO that's not a topic to be making light of.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The posts that I deleted had various graphic substitutions for describing a ***ual assault. I didn't think they were appropriate for a family forum, even if they were used in a joking context. I'm sorry if that comes across as over-moderation, but IMO that's not a topic to be making light of.
My post that was deleted was about using the term "vasectomied" if a bowler was made to look sterile. Hardly a graphic substitution for a ***ual assault.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I deleted all of the related "joking" posts tbh in order to stop that line of posting. To clarify, it's not like I issued any infractions or warnings, I just wanted to discourage that type of posting and keep the thread on topic.

Last edited:

Uppercut

That's just editing, it's beyond moderation. An open forum shouldn't delete content because people aren't saying the things that you want them to say.