• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertising on the Forums

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I just made a reasonably big purchase after clicking on one of the ads. I hope you get the commission James.

Has anyone else bought anything yet?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just made a reasonably big purchase after clicking on one of the ads. I hope you get the commission James.

Has anyone else bought anything yet?
Was it the one that says:

"Free Chat Rooms Flirting & No strings fun attached. Real people to chat with! www.LoveScanner.com/Chat"

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Was it the one that says:

"Free Chat Rooms Flirting & No strings fun attached. Real people to chat with! www.LoveScanner.com/Chat"
Yeah mate, I think she's the one! :wub:

Nah it was Eurail tickets, not sure if CW will get the commission though as I've been on the website before.

uvelocity

International Coach
just opened a stack of threads, as is my wont. One of them, super annoyingly, had a video ad at the bottom for nurofen and harpic and other **** ****s I'm not interested in. Took me a while to work out which one it was (sound was coming from somewhere obv.)

Can benchmark please ubuntu them, fankyou.

cpr

International Coach
Apparently ads that play sound automatically are in fact against Google Adsense/Adwords policy.

If you experience it with any, screenshot it and send it through to me and I'll forward it onto the relevant people :)
Theres one doing this ATM, a Wagon Wheels one at the bottom that plays a video when you roll over it. I'll screenie it next time it shows.

cpr

International Coach
Annoys the hell out of me, even more than you do TBH

But yeah, gave up at that point, always the case when I've got a day off, I spend half the piggin night up workin anyway.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the ads are based on your search history and whatnot i think. learn to go incognito uv.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Happy to block those kind of ads, hate them as well.

Take a screenshot and get the URL of it, and I can add it to the block list.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Happy to block those kind of ads, hate them as well.

Take a screenshot and get the URL of it, and I can add it to the block list.
He did, but Fusion in his infinite wisdom edited it out of his post so you couldn't do it. :ph34r:

Fusion

Global Moderator
He did, but Fusion in his infinite wisdom edited it out of his post so you couldn't do it. :ph34r:
Haha, that I did. Didn't think it was family forum friendly myself. Besides, what I edited out were pics. I could be wrong, but isn't UV complaining about video ads?