• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Well behaved multis dispensations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I notice that cricsim allows them...Can you have a multi if you disclose it in an email to the moderators along with a commitment to not troll with said multi.

There could be very good reasons for having a multi - for instance you may wish to make a strong post about Tendulkar not wanting to bat at 3 when others are injured but feel you will ruin your reputation as a fair and balanced poster - here a multi would be ideal.

cpr

International Coach
I
There could be very good reasons for having a multi - for instance you may wish to make a strong post about Tendulkar not wanting to bat at 3 when others are injured but feel you will ruin your reputation as a fair and balanced poster - here a multi would be ideal.

Hang on, your not a fair and balanced poster then, if your making a post that even yourself knows isn't fair and balanced (hence why you want to hide its you).... Your not protecting a reputation with a multi, your fabricating a false reputation instead.

Only possible legit reason I can think off is ****-take accounts (Spanish Vicente anyone?), which whilst funny for the rest of us, probably **** the mods off no end.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think my potential post about Tendulkar would be fair and balanced - but the perception of it would be that I had something against the guy - given the general reception that anti tendulkar posts get. Plus if anyone insults my multi for making such a post I won't take it so personally.

I think that many moderate members fear to step into certain territory as you are too worried about what others might think - and this stifles active and potentially insightful debate. Allowing benevolent multis would be an an answer to this.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You could always get a mate or family member to sign up to Cricket Web and influence their views.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Great that is the answer - I will get a member of the household to sign up - they will have the same IP address so how do I get that approved...PEWS to advise...

cpr

International Coach
Meh, If I want to call Tendulkar, I'll do it, and if anyone has any negative thoughts about that, who cares, they are wrong.... I've got 8500 posts under my belt, I must be right!

Actually, how the f... have I got 8500 posts???

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, as PEWS has already said, no multis. If you want to make a post that is critical of Tendulkar, make it with your own account and deal with the counter-arguments. No hiding behind multiple accounts.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Meh, If I want to call Tendulkar, I'll do it, and if anyone has any negative thoughts about that, who cares, they are wrong.... I've got 8500 posts under my belt, I must be right!

Actually, how the f... have I got 8500 posts???
What's your opinion of Tendulkar?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Great that is the answer - I will get a member of the household to sign up - they will have the same IP address so how do I get that approved...PEWS to advise...
Yeah, as PEWS has already said, no multis. If you want to make a post that is critical of Tendulkar, make it with your own account and deal with the counter-arguments. No hiding behind multiple accounts.
What about NUFAN's proposal?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Why in ****s name would you care about your reputation on an internet forum ffs.
No one will respond to your opinions if you have a poor reputation for a start. people will be like pfft it is just Bun or Bruce Campbell or some such ill thought of poster.
Some people actively sought out windie weathers to have altercations with him - so your point is well taken that you don't need to be overly concerned but you don't want to be a joke either.

Finally this thread is mostly light hearted as I am sure PEWS is aware.

But I have wanted to have a multi though for the past 6 months or so - just gives you an alter ego to be a bit more outlandish and controversial without disrupting the forum or trolling. And I do think that CW would be a more interesting place.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think my potential post about Tendulkar would be fair and balanced - but the perception of it would be that I had something against the guy - given the general reception that anti tendulkar posts get. Plus if anyone insults my multi for making such a post I won't take it so personally.

I think that many moderate members fear to step into certain territory as you are too worried about what others might think - and this stifles active and potentially insightful debate. Allowing benevolent multis would be an an answer to this.
If you express your view as Hurricane you might well get disagreed with, you might even create a ****storm, but because its you and you have earned respect already at least it will get thought about and have some impact - if you post it as PrecamIsMyHero or some such no one will take you seriously and we might miss a decent debate, which as we all know CC is desperately in need of at the moment

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This really puzzles me. If you aren't in it for reasonable debate/behaviour on your primary account how can you switch it off with a multi? Eventually you'll revert to type anyway. Multi's unless made for the purpose of a quick laugh are really useless imo and pretty lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.