Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well behaved multis dispensations

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar

Well behaved multis dispensations

I notice that cricsim allows them...Can you have a multi if you disclose it in an email to the moderators along with a commitment to not troll with said multi.

There could be very good reasons for having a multi - for instance you may wish to make a strong post about Tendulkar not wanting to bat at 3 when others are injured but feel you will ruin your reputation as a fair and balanced poster - here a multi would be ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

No, you can't.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Can you suggest any compromises.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I
    There could be very good reasons for having a multi - for instance you may wish to make a strong post about Tendulkar not wanting to bat at 3 when others are injured but feel you will ruin your reputation as a fair and balanced poster - here a multi would be ideal.

Hang on, your not a fair and balanced poster then, if your making a post that even yourself knows isn't fair and balanced (hence why you want to hide its you).... Your not protecting a reputation with a multi, your fabricating a false reputation instead.

Only possible legit reason I can think off is ****-take accounts (Spanish Vicente anyone?), which whilst funny for the rest of us, probably **** the mods off no end.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

I think my potential post about Tendulkar would be fair and balanced - but the perception of it would be that I had something against the guy - given the general reception that anti tendulkar posts get. Plus if anyone insults my multi for making such a post I won't take it so personally.

I think that many moderate members fear to step into certain territory as you are too worried about what others might think - and this stifles active and potentially insightful debate. Allowing benevolent multis would be an an answer to this.

You could always get a mate or family member to sign up to Cricket Web and influence their views.

Great that is the answer - I will get a member of the household to sign up - they will have the same IP address so how do I get that approved...PEWS to advise...

cpr
    Meh, If I want to call Tendulkar, I'll do it, and if anyone has any negative thoughts about that, who cares, they are wrong.... I've got 8500 posts under my belt, I must be right!

Actually, how the f... have I got 8500 posts???

cpr
    I notice that cricsim allows them...

Also, Cricsim allows PEWS to run sims.... Proof not everything over there is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Also, Cricsim allows PEWS to run sims.... Proof not everything over there is a good idea.
    They let me run sims here too; I just choose not to.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Yeah, as PEWS has already said, no multis. If you want to make a post that is critical of Tendulkar, make it with your own account and deal with the counter-arguments. No hiding behind multiple accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Meh, If I want to call Tendulkar, I'll do it, and if anyone has any negative thoughts about that, who cares, they are wrong.... I've got 8500 posts under my belt, I must be right!

Actually, how the f... have I got 8500 posts???
    What's your opinion of Tendulkar?

Great that is the answer - I will get a member of the household to sign up - they will have the same IP address so how do I get that approved...PEWS to advise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Yeah, as PEWS has already said, no multis. If you want to make a post that is critical of Tendulkar, make it with your own account and deal with the counter-arguments. No hiding behind multiple accounts.
    What about NUFAN's proposal?

What about NUFAN's proposal?
    Given you're proposing it as an alternative to having a multi, I think it's safe to say we're not going to take your word for it on the legitimacy of such an account...

Why in ****s name would you care about your reputation on an internet forum ffs.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information