• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Devil Ducky's Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
By the way, very groan-worthy pun for the article on the third day, Eddie.
And not just because it's true

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
<quack> LE's only gone and done it again - had a letter about cricket published in that esteemed organ The Times again - regular as clockwork, every 5 years or so he manages it. Only writes three a day too.......

Quick - they're on sale now...
Good work in getting that letter published, well done mate. Good quick read too. :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
1 November, 2005
Well, here I am - in familiar territory. I am at Washington (Tyne and Wear) International Airport and Steve Harmison has just decided to go missing again. I realise that it's my responsibility, as executive courier to the ECB and Cricket Web's 'duck on the spot', to locate the wayward speedster and deliver him safe and sound to Pakistan in time to at least make some contribution to England's winter tour.

I have tried all the obvious places - there are eight bars at the airport but no-one has seen Steve in any of them within the last half an hour. Suddenly, from right across the concourse, I grasp snippets of a conversation:
"Can I have the all-day breakfast please, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, two slices of bread and butter and a coffee?"
"Excuse me. You are Steve Harmison, the great English fast bowler, aren't you?"
"Yes. How did you know?"
"This is Hertz Rent-a-Car."

When I finally catch up with him, Steve seems quite relieved to see a familiar face. "When's our flight due to take off?" he asks.
"Saturday", I reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.